Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-13-2004, 06:40 AM   #1
megan row
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi,
this is to anounce to everybody that i finally reached shrurungeon castle and i even killed one of these salads. took quite a time and running and some rebirthing, but now i am at the castle.
thanks again for the help.
some questions:
i did not really get the point with role changing and training. seems like you can train sometimes and sometimes not. also you must do quests for different purposes, i think but i am not quite sure about that. (i read the usefull hints)
rudolphe has become a bard and has got moonmagic, which i think is quite useful.
what spells do you think are absolutely necessary?
i happened to buy a spellbook, is this occasionally or following any strategy?
i think, nobody understands this question!!! what i mean is: when and where and why can i resp. my different chars buy what spellbooks?
have a nice saturday
greeting mr
megan row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You can only train a character in the guilds after that character has levelled up. That is to say you only gait one training opportunity in each guild per level up.

The shops in each town have the same range of goods. On page three of the best tips there is a list of which spellbooks you can buy where. Also some treasure chests contain certain books as a fixed treasure. I have wanted to compile a list of those, but I have not yet had the time.

When you invoke a book, the character invoking it will not gain the mana he or she usually gets when gaining a new spell on level-ups.

In moon magic the most important spells are the teleportation spells. The storm spells in each class are your best bet when it comes to offence. The healing spells in spirit realm are very important for protection. Especially you must have cure (vine spell). It is the only spell which can cure diseases. Exorcism or restore health (both spirit spells) you must have to cure dementia. And of course - as you will have noticed - cure poison (vine).

[ 03-13-2004, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 03-13-2004, 08:31 PM   #3
Kinbote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's another point about the spell books you can buy. Make sure that your character can actually use them. For instance, a priest could buy a Heal spellbook, because he studies from the Divinity school. However, a priest should not buy an Illuminate spellbook, because he doesn't study Sun Magic.
Kinbote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:15 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You can change roles when you want, for whatever reasons you want. Therein lies some of the role-playing -- who are your characters, and what do they do? If you want, everyone can be just about everything in a single game. That turns the full party into powerful gods that can slaughter anything in their way. Sometimes, that's a lot of fun [img]smile.gif[/img]

For spells, I prefer to learn them from level-ups instead of from books. Bsftcs hit my reason -- more mana. All hail the all-powerful mana....

The mostimportant moon spells are the travel spells -- create portal, teleport, and call of home. With those three, you can jet around the Gael Serran quite handily. After that come storm spells, the most potent damage options out there. Cure poison is also popular in the Serpent Temple, and exorcism / restore health is useful for other afflictions (like insanity). And I never go anywhere without flamedrop if I can avoid it... a truly powerful little puppy, I must say.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote