Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-27-2002, 12:38 PM   #1
Jim
Quintesson

Hi,

in the description for the first level priest spell Bless, it states that it raises attack rolls by +1. Does this refer to damage bonuses as well as to hit bonuses?

I'm asking because I'm at the orc cave and can't decide on whether to take the ring of lesser resistance or the girdle of beautification. If bless improves damage rolls by +1 then I'll take that, otherwise I don't really think its worth it.

Thanks
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:17 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Unfortunately not; attack roll means "to hit" roll or Thac0 only and not damage rolls.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 08:06 PM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I'd go for the girdle. If you're not playing with a patch or don't have HoW installed, there may be issues with the girdle not actually granting the protection it claims to. (try turning on your "to hit rolls" in the options feedback menu)
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 06:54 AM   #4
Jim
Quintesson

I decided to take the girdle, although the damage range for my Paladin (18/66 STR and ** in great swords using a normal bastard sword) went from 7-13 to 8-14 with the girdle equipped, so it has provided him with +1 to hit and +1 damage [img]smile.gif[/img]

Leafy, I'm aware of the issues with early versions of IWD with the girdle not providing appropriate bonuses, but I'm fully patched up with all the expansions so everything fine now. One thing I did notice though is that the bless spell is supposed to give a +1 bonus to saving throws too, but the girdle only provides the attack bonuses, despite the fact it states in its description that the wearer is under the effect of a bless spell??? Strange ....
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote