Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-11-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Life is good in the Gael Serran. The Den (all now level 13 rogues) have slain the salads, finished off Haleabus (he was a pushover, actually), and worked their way to the Stout Mines.

Ya know, not having a ranged attack is a real bummer... that bloodstone griffin won't come down out of the trees! I've run underneath him four times now, and he keeps staying out of reach. At least I'll get an assassin with some magic soon, and I can pelt him from afar. I don't feel like buying another 600 arrows to finish him off...

One annoying thing thus far... everyone does 6-8 damage. Pinpricks! Mosquito bites! Annoying scratches! I wonder if they'll ever do any damage....

At least they all have level 1 second weapon now. Perhaps their damage will go up.

Gone through and found the silvery metal... boy, do I miss Lavawalk. We've had a few toasted toes along the way. And we had one battle where a random lava hound, a lava pup, and three mountain spiders were all doing battle with us. We lived...

I've decided the lucky recipient of the assassin promotion will be Digger, the ratling rogue who has been dying the most frequently. He's got about 5000 fewer XP than everyone else, and the poorest stats as well.

I've been trying to decide if I can let them promote to ninja or bard. I mean, those are kind of rogue classes... aren't they? [img]smile.gif[/img]

That's all the news that's fit to print... at least for now.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:33 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Well you could change them to ninjas, after all the are considered thiefs as well aren't they?

The restricted damage is interesting though. No one in the party has the gallantry correct? Strength above 15 also lends higher damage. Since you have no "multipliers" I guess you only deal the basic damage of the weapons used. Perhaps you should change one rogue to ninja and train in the kung fu skill and note the damage.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've thought about that, but I'm still having mixed thoughts on this game. I think I am going to take them as rogues all the way to the end. Next time they level up, they can get IronMight and do a little bit more damage. They would have gotten it this time, but I felt that Second Weapon was more important.

And yes, no one has gallantry. So there are no real multipliers involved (although they're all using short swords +1 -- no long swords for rogues). Perhaps the assassin can do some blessing later to help us out...

I'm looking forward to some of the advanced blades (wizard's blad, robinsword, nightblade) to see if the Den can equip them.

All in all, it's a more challenging game, and certainly more challenging than Missy's. No superheroes here, let me tell you.
-+-+-+
Old 03-11-2004, 05:22 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

I know the feeling having tried it out myself. You could raise the stakes some by letting them all roam the Serran as boogres.

Yes ironmight should improve your damage some. It would still be interesting to see the difference in damage between short swords and kung fu though.

Oh, and don't forget to check for lost traits as your rogues attain higher levels. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 05:24 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... well, they can now learn kung fu, so I'll pick one and let him or her go at it.

Boogreism might be good, though. We can always use the extra HP.
-+-+-+
Old 03-11-2004, 05:30 PM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hmmm... well, they can now learn kung fu, so I'll pick one and let him or her go at it.

Boogreism might be good, though. We can always use the extra HP.
Please do. It would give a more accurate comparison between using weapons and kung fu. It's not easy to compare the two when you inflict 80 points of damage with kung fu and 95 with a sword for instance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 10:34 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You'll have to wait a while for updates, though. They just made a level, and it's some 70,000 XP to the next one.

BTW, nice necklace-broach-ring thingy [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 03-12-2004, 10:50 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm enjoying the updates, Bungleau!!!

I replied to this thread yesterday and obviously that reply went belly up. Hope your game continues better than the board has been lately! lol!!

I wonder how many other games have been a thoroughly explored as W&W. I know I've played a bunch of games ad nauseum but they were the sort of games where you were doing something new. Those were more a case of same old same old.

Wyv
Old 03-12-2004, 11:34 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Glad you're enjoying them, Wyv... and it's good to see Red once in a while [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have to update slightly, though... it's over 90,000 XP to the next level, so an update will be a while. Good news is that Digger made assassin last night (after being a rogue and upping his Deathstrike skill to about 5, and giving it to everyone else). And he's only 500 more XP away from his first level-up.

Used Stripes' pickpocketing ability to get multiple suits of Dragon Armor from Freyedies. They can be worn by anyone, I believe... and they're now being worn by everyone The Den's AC went from 8-9 to 11-12 rather quickly.
-+-+-+