Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Who'd have thought? Diablo 3 is coming

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Actually looks good from the few things I can see right now. I knew Blizzard had something in the works due to that funky splash screen.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Who'd have thought? Diablo 3 is coming

Yeah I saw it. Finally after several years of wait!! WOOOHOOO!!! I knew breaking the worldstone isn't a good thing. Shame on tyrael.

The trailer reminds me of lord of the rings movie though. Some of the places looks awefully like Gondor, the invasion of the orcs, and the balrog looks like the one from the movie also.

I glad they bring back the barbarian class, some of the attacks looks devastating cool. The witch doctor looks like a hybrid from sorceress and necromancer. Did you notice the giant boss did a one hit kill? OMG!! I also couldn't help but notice how mobby the monsters are.

That's all I can see before the website crashed on me. I guess many people was accessing the site.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:57 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

OMG. I knew those rune hints were for the Diablo 3 preview! AWESOME! Gonna post in Gen Con the info. It looks freaking amazing. I *WILL be making a forum for it*!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:42 AM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

*sigh* I can't access the site to check it out.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion

http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/index.xml#movies

Try that one instead!

Action RPG apologism aside, the art direction seems slightly off at the moment - bit too vibrant and bright for me. Definitely lacking the grit of D2. I'm sure that Blizzard will listen to any fan concerns though and that this game will smash most of its clones for sheer playability.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Who'd have thought? Diablo 3 is coming

It's obvious this is made from the same creative team as the one who did World of Warcraft. You can even pretty much see characters wearing items from WoW, and some monsters like the big undead are pretty much right from it.

That said the graphics are pretty nice, and the gameplay look amazing. I can't wait for the game. And from the look of those videos, they can't be too far from release.

This time I won't go online at retail one hour after the shops open. Hopefully they'll have a more stable launch, but the Diablo 2 one was horrible.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
It's obvious this is made from the same creative team as the one who did World of Warcraft. You can even pretty much see characters wearing items from WoW, and some monsters like the big undead are pretty much right from it.

That said the graphics are pretty nice, and the gameplay look amazing. I can't wait for the game. And from the look of those videos, they can't be too far from release.

This time I won't go online at retail one hour after the shops open. Hopefully they'll have a more stable launch, but the Diablo 2 one was horrible.
Yes, I feel bad bursting people's bubble but prepare for alot of rehashed stuff as it looks like a top-down version of WoW in some screens (the undead are WoW's mindless zombie avatars). I mean, it will be fun to play prolly but I don't expect miracles and I do indeed expect Blizzard to use their tried and true material from WoW in there latest SP game. I just hope it's not just hack n slash. Since it's D3 and not Diablo online, there needs to be alot more RP and depth in this game than we see in WoW for it to succeed or at least be what we want it to be.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #8
Target
Red Dragon

Think we will need to buy in a few more mice for the mad frantic 'clicking'

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post

Want to go Bnet again Luvian? Just like the old time?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I sure will! But I may wait a day or two and let them put up the first stability patch.

I can't wait to see the other classes. I'm guessing the necromancer won't be back, or it's going to be pretty different than it was since the witch doctor has the undead pets now.

Gotta love the wall of zombies.