Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-17-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Due to the recent events in a couple of threads, I think I will make my peace with everyone.

I said a few choice things in HT's thread which lead to a massive arguement, getting it closed in the long run (sorry buddy). Now, when I said what I did about the figure of a person, it was taken out of context as an insult which I never meant for it to be. Truth is, around here in this part of the states, women and girls don't take it offensively when they're called skinny, slim, however to describe that part of themselves, so I didn't know any better. Even though this got resolved in PM's, I'd like to apologize again to Mel, and to anyone else I may have offended, because now I know that using the word skinny to describe a slimmer person is like using the term fat towards larger people.

So, sorry for starting all this crap over something that really could have been resolved really easily. I know I've been a tad bit on the ***holish side lately, so I'll do my best to go back to just being a smartass

Goodnight Ironworks.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:40 PM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It happens to the best of us man.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:06 AM   #3
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Glad it happened to you and not me man.... yikes... over here I've never seen any chicky babes take it offensively either, so I now know to just be careful about use of terminology as well.

Just think, through your mistakes, others are learning. Aren't you just special buddy? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2004, 12:31 AM   #4
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

My opinion is already in a thread...

Anyway, seriously, it is worth making note that everyone who perpetuated the argument contributed to the thread's demise. I appreciate your apology, Gangrell...but martyrdom isn't the right thing here, to which I guess I'll add the phrase "in my opinion"...

In an argument, the person who says the first objectional comment is just as argumentative as the person who takes up the argument...

You all are great, but remember...words are words. They have limits, and apparently, since we're all being all "cloak and dagger" with our words we're all partly to blame.

Be nice. Please.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 10-18-2004, 02:33 AM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Hey, no problem, the thread was great while it lasted(if I may say so myself [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) I agree, ive been here a while, and have noticed that as of late things have been getting more frequent, but ill leave it at that, and Gangrell, no hard feelings ok? [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2004, 07:15 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Maybe one of the mods would be so kind to unlock the thread, delete all posts that don't belong in it, so the tread can continue it's intended purpose ?
Old 10-18-2004, 08:33 AM   #7
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

the whole thing is over and done with, and as far as i can tell (since i only read the rant and the following apologies/reasons) it should have been over there and not dragged out by other members.

oh well. it was fun while it lasted, but threads don't last forever.

btw any comment towards weight-skinny, thin, slim, heavy, fat, overweight, etc makes me uncomfy even if i'm talking about myself. word of advice (for anyone, i think you, gangrell, have learned it) wait for the subject to make a comment, and if he/she doesn't don't bring it up.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:39 AM   #8
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well, I only really get offended when people call other people fat. Me? Well im extremely slim for my age, but I have gotten over the whole "dont touch him you will break him" and so on...
But I think that this whole experiance will teach people a thng or two about what they should or shouldnt say. So there may have been some advantages to it.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:51 AM   #9
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Maybe one of the mods would be so kind to unlock the thread, delete all posts that don't belong in it, so the tread can continue it's intended purpose ?
Would that be possible? Or would it be too late?
Old 10-20-2004, 09:26 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Would that be possible? Or would it be too late? [/QUOTE]Speaking personally, I never mess with work that another moderator has done out of respect for their judgements, and I am sure Ziroc likes it that way. So if Cloudy locked it, I can't touch it.

Also, the reason for deleting the offending material may be subject to debate. We should not delete posts just because they were mean to somebody.

The fact that it would take a long time to do it does not bode well, either. Deleting even one post is not an instantaneous act. I would never imagine Cloudy (the judging mod in this instance) finding the time to sit down and labor over it.