Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-10-2002, 12:31 AM   #31
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Would it be OK to send over some Aussie dollars ?? I could send up to about 30, but I have no way of converting it into $US , so can i just try to send about $30 AUS ??

BTW- I wouldnt recomend expecting it all at once if its ok to send it like this- ill have to send it via snail mail, and stagger the payments a bit so that if one doesnt get there it wont make too much of a difference. Cant use PayPal because I cant find the 3 digit number on the back of my credit card!!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 12:42 AM   #32
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

how much do you need totally? Ziroc?
Old 01-10-2002, 01:13 AM   #33
Pangur Ban

Count me in, as soon as I can get to a bank to get a US check.

Suggestion: To encourage donations, why not have a list of people who have donated?

I would suggest that if such a list is posted that it does NOT show how much was donated, or when the person made the donation, just the user name. The list would just be kept simple with perhaps a title like "Ironworks Sponsors", ( not even mentioning 'money' )

It would be important to set it up so that it would not be used as a sort of "status competition" as to who gave the most - people will give what they can, and I know I am safe in saying that all donations are appreciated, no matter how much.

Of course, people could choose not to be put on the list, if that is what they wish ..

What do mods and IW's think of this idea ??

Pangur.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:20 AM   #34
Gray Mage
Banned User

Z, hey buddy, I have not been around for a while, but will see what I can do. Yhis is the first site of this kind that I ever posted to and would hate to see it go away. What type of machine are you looking for? I have some connections that might be able to get a box or 2. How do you feel about getting an older box and upgrading?

Just drop me a line, and I will see what I can whip up......
Old 01-10-2002, 12:53 PM   #35
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Just bumping to keep this on the first page...
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 01-10-2002, 02:54 PM   #36
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Ziroc all i can offer is likein £'s but if youd go to your local bereau de change with all the foreigners money then yo'd hardly loseany i charge . however i need a postal add. pm me whatever
Old 01-10-2002, 05:48 PM   #37
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
Ziroc all i can offer is likein £'s but if youd go to your local bereau de change with all the foreigners money then yo'd hardly loseany i charge . however i need a postal add. pm me whatever

The address is on the top of the forums screen under "donations" button. Z just sent off a big check to you. Ok, not big but hope it helps get the new server going
Old 01-11-2002, 09:37 AM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Z, I sent you something on Paypal a couple of months ago - did you receive it? (2nd one)

I'm also going to send some more - I believe in this place and want to help you improve it any way I can. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2002, 10:38 AM   #39
MagiK

My Check is in the mail...with the forgotten Christmas card that I set aside for just this purpose and then promptly forgot about [img]smile.gif[/img]

All I would ask is to let me know that your received it or not....oh and it would be kinda cool to have some kind of meter so we can see our progress toward the new IW server [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2002, 05:47 AM   #40
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Bumping for Z. I don't want to stick this as it might slow the forum down. [img]smile.gif[/img]