Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2002, 09:39 PM   #11
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

YES!! BY GEORGE I THINK HE HAS IT!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

But don't forget. Although your sorcceror (I wish i could spell) [img]tongue.gif[/img] cannot wear this item, the helm of glory (as per metioned before) also rasies thine charisma... by one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

P.S. I believe the nymph cloak raises by two and the sword (don't quote me on THIS part) raises by... 3? or 2? or 1? EGAD!!! I CAN'T REMEMBER!!

[ 04-08-2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Black_Knight ]
Old 04-08-2002, 09:55 PM   #12
Semis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, the easiest way to get oodles of charisma is with the mage spell 'Friends' (not the TV show). +6 each cast, and you can cast it multiple times. As a sorcerer, you can cast that 3 or 4 times without having to waste spell memorization slots, like a mage would do. Of course, you have to have that as one of your five first level spell picks... but well worth it (as there aren't really five other first level spells worth getting).
Old 04-08-2002, 10:10 PM   #13
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

WHOA!! GREAT idea Semis! God I never thought of that!!

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!! i KNEW i shouldn't have lowered my intellegence to four to get an 18 in everything else!!

Ah well... too bad... good idea semis! use it Xavier!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2002, 11:40 PM   #14
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yes, but who needs to cast Friends? Since it's such a low-level spell, it gets dropped as a random treasure all the time, not to mention that you can buy it almost anywhere. So just buy a scroll for 50gp, cast it, and save 20,000 gp on whatever you're buying. Plus, if you run fast you can hit almost all the merchants worth buying from (Ribald Barterman, Diedre, Lady Yuth, Bernard, Joluv, Gaelan Bayle's house) before the Friends runs out.

Ring of Human Influence: Raises CHA to 18
Nymph Cloak: +2 to CHA
Helm of Glory (cannot be obtained if the PC is Evil): +1 to CHA
Blade of Roses: +2 to CHA
Plate of Balduran (requires Bonus Merchants): +1 to CHA
Sensate Amulet (can only be worn by Clerics, requires Bonus Merchants): +2 to CHA
Boots of the West (never found them): +1 to CHA

For a grand possible total of exactly 25, unless you're a Thief with Use Any Item, in which case you could get 27, which the game won't recognize.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:38 AM   #15
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Well now, Nalia's auntie is kinda evil isn't she? but then again lots of nobles are evil too,if you kill them you lose rep, almost everything that does not go hostile will lower your reputation, so just do good things and your reputation will be at 20 in no time
She is NOT evil.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:49 AM   #16
PoesRaven
Manshoon

[quote]Originally posted by Luvian:
Quote:
Well now, Nalia's auntie is kinda evil isn't she? but then again lots of nobles are evil too,if you kill them you lose rep, almost everything that does not go hostile will lower your reputation, so just do good things and your reputation will be at 20 in no time
She is NOT evil.
[/QUOTE
-
She isnt very nice tho
PoesRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 02:36 PM   #17
Deathcow
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Boots of the West (never found them): +1 to CHA
i think you get them from the mithril token machine in the asylum
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 04:29 PM   #18
david_m11
Dungeon Master

Quote:
As far as I know the best item for raising charisma, if yours is low is the ring of human influence, found in the circus (loot from kalah).
I think that the ring is actually with one of the miscreants upstairs in the Den of the Seven Vales
Old 04-09-2002, 09:03 PM   #19
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathcow:
i think you get them [the Boots of the West] from the mithril token machine in the asylum
Nope, that machine could possibly give you Boots of the North, Boots of Grounding, Boots of Speed, or the Jester's Chain+4, depending on how you spend your tokens, and there are only 21 tokens in Spellhold. No, I think the Boots of the West are in ToB somewhere. I've beaten ToB, but only once so far.