Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-17-2001, 01:33 PM   #11
Lord Shield

I think the Golem is Adamantium if you're a high level - several encounters work like that

Loot the niches afterwards - whack the golems one at a time first - I fyou have "Enchanted Weapon" spell you can create +3 weapons to fight biggie with

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-19-2001, 04:04 PM   #12
sauron1955
Dungeon Master

When I did the Keep I was lucky that the first cache I opened woke the large golem and he followed me to the door,got stuck and with the Wand of Cloud Kill I was able to kill all but 1 without them touching me. The last one was tough enough Since my group was at a realitivly low level.

------------------
chance favors a prepared mind
Old 08-19-2001, 05:50 PM   #13
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by sauron1955:
When I did the Keep I was lucky that the first cache I opened woke the large golem and he followed me to the door,got stuck and with the Wand of Cloud Kill I was able to kill all but 1 without them touching me. The last one was tough enough Since my group was at a realitivly low level.
Are you actually saying that you killed the golem with Cloud Kill? Which (at the very least) would sound totally impossible since golems are imuned to magic, nothing you throw that is of magic origine will affect them.

My simple solution for the new game I've started is that, I used Jan morphing hability to change him into a stronger fighter and he totally destroyed the golems.
Old 08-19-2001, 06:26 PM   #14
Bain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

the best way to kill the big iron golem is using the azure edge. Let it hit the doorway and get stuck, then throw the axe at it from a safe distance, it may take some time but you come out unharmed from the iron golem, the other ones that wont work cuz they fit through but they dont do as much dmg either.
Old 08-19-2001, 06:34 PM   #15
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Bain:
the best way to kill the big iron golem is using the azure edge. Let it hit the doorway and get stuck, then throw the axe at it from a safe distance, it may take some time but you come out unharmed from the iron golem, the other ones that wont work cuz they fit through but they dont do as much dmg either.
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The best way to handle the golems is to take them one at a time. In fact, if you have Lilacor (the +3 two handed sword from the sewers), do the big guy first. Hit the big guy, then run through the doorway. Turn around when he gets there, and just hack him to death (any +3 weapon with reach like a two handed sword or halberd works for this); the reach of the weapon keeps you out of reach of his cloudkill effect. The others are not too bad either (except for the clay golem, since you need blunt weapons, and he hastes himself and slows you). As long as you attack them one at a time, you should be fine.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...