Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2003, 06:19 PM   #1
lucius
Dungeon Master

Yaa when ever I go to kill him at the grand duke place after killing the greater dopplers or what ever they are Sarevok says something then I die right away. I tried going invisible and hitting him befor he has a chance to cast a spell but it dosebt work. Any help wanted
lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

I have no idea why that would happen, the only thing that I can think of is that possibly you are letting the two remaining grand dukes die and that is making you lose the game. I'd think it is probably a bug though, do you have patches?
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 07:35 PM   #3
lucius
Dungeon Master

I made sure the Grande Dukes didnt die, I dont have any patches but I think hes killing me with the first spell he cast, I dont think it would take away 55 hp would it?
Old 01-12-2003, 09:51 PM   #4
lucius
Dungeon Master

Ok i got past him but know im having trouble killing him the second time any help again would be greatfully appreciated
Old 01-13-2003, 08:33 PM   #5
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Here's how I killed him in the second battle against him. Load someone with a bow and lots of arrows.Have a mage ready to cast fireball.Give Minsc Two handed sword. And then have another archer dude. Go inside and get just close enough to lure out the ogre.Kill him. Before you do anything else MAKE SURE YOU HAVE HASTE!!!!!!! Draw out Saravok and his minions.Have you mage drop fireball on them and have Minsc go after everyone,but Saravok.This when your archers come in. Make sure they are hasted and that they are far enough away from Saravok that it will take some time to get to you. Pelt Saravok with arrows.Having haste will make it go quicker.If you can pull al this off.He won't even have enough time to get to you.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 03:54 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yeah, what my bro did (before we had TotSC) is load your guys up with wands of fireballs. Go by the platform where Sarevok is (don't get in his site) and toss the fireballs as close to him as possible. Do that as many times until his goonies die. Then, Summon a bunch of monsters, haste your guys and equip missle weapons. Lure him out. He'll be stuck kill most of the monsters, while you all bombard him with missiles. Talk about overkill...
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote