Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2002, 10:43 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

If Men Arranged Marriages

There would be a "Rehearsal Dinner Kegger" until the cops showed up.

Bridesmaids would wear matching blue jean cut-offs and halter tops.

They would have NO tan lines and more skin showing than not..

Tuxes would have team logos on the back and the Nike shoes would have matching team colors.

June weddings would be scheduled around basketball play-offs.

Vows would mention cooking and sex specifically, but omit that "forsaking all others" part.

The couple would leave the ceremony in a souped-up '73 Charger or some other Mopar with racing tires and flame designs on the side of the car. Better yet, a Harley!

Idiots who tried to dance with the bride (unless they were really old) would get punched in the head.

Big, slobbery dogs would be eligible for the role of "Best Man."

There would be "Tailgate Receptions."

Outdoor weddings would be held during sporting events at half-time or between innings.

Ceremonies would be short and honeymoons would be long.

Ceremonies and honeymoons would be inexpensive compared to the cost of the bachelor party. The cost of strippers and liquor really does add up.

Men wouldn't ask, "Well, what do you think, dear? The burgundy or the wine colored napkins?" They'd just grab extras from their local pub or tavern.

Favors would be matchbooks and cigars. Better yet, free drink passes at the local lounge.

The bride's dress would show cleavage, her navel, and be form-fitted to her ass.

Instead of a sit-down dinner or a buffet, there would be a hog roast or buckets of chicken, pizza, and plenty of bar-b-que.

No one would bother with that veil routine. But they would insist that the garter be as high up on her leg as it could go.

The bridal bouquet would be recycled from a previous funeral/wedding (what's the difference) or something.

Invitations would read as follow: Tom (Dick or Harry) is getting the old ball and chain. He's getting married. He either: A) Knocked her up, B) Couldn't get a different roommate, or C) Caved in to her ultimatum. Please meet the woman who will cook and clean for him For the rest of his life at Soldier Field Stadium On the 50-Yard Line at Half-time during Sunday's Game Please join us at the Moonlight Lounge after the game For Beer, Nachos and Pizza. Oh yeah... B.Y.O.B.

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Arvon ]

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 03-11-2002, 11:57 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I only agree with the following two:

Idiots who tried to dance with the bride (unless they were really old) would get punched in the head. (And worse things that I don't need to speak of here.)

Ceremonies would be short and honeymoons would be long.

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 03-11-2002, 02:01 PM   #3
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

"The bride's dress would show cleavage, her navel, and be form fitted to her ass."

LOL. I wore a sarong (tied low) and halter--no cleavage was showing but I certainly met the other two requirements.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:05 PM   #4
MagiK

Sounds like my kinda wedding

Old 03-11-2002, 02:38 PM   #5
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Umnmm Garnet... Can I See The Wedding Photo's???
Old 03-11-2002, 07:21 PM   #6
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Sure--if they were digital or my scanner was up and running. But they're not and it isn't, so you'll have to use your imagination
Old 03-17-2002, 12:30 PM   #7
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

I have a great imagination... That is why I have a big smile on my face right now....

My favorite thing to do when anyone tells me that they are going to get married, is to try to discourage them.

Hell, my best man did that to me while I was on the altar. The priest was trying not to laugh while my buddy is telling me that it is not to late to back out... Ah, was the soon to be wife fit to be tied...

10 years of bliss and two children later, still on my honeymoon...
Old 03-17-2002, 12:38 PM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

* > <
* _

I fell out of my chair laughing...
but then i hit my head and forgot what I was laughing about...

*re reads thread*

... there it goes again...