Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2001, 02:04 PM   #81
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

good night harkoliar

Lord Shield, thank you for cursing... I see I just conquered someone
Old 10-06-2001, 02:06 PM   #82
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
good night harkoliar

Lord Shield, thank you for cursing... I see I just conquered someone
Only yourself. Falsely accusing other members of a debate is not a valid debate in itself

------------------
Lord Raptor's Site

Ironworks Dark General
BG2 Tavern Keeper
King of Pointlessness

Old 10-06-2001, 02:09 PM   #83
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

another thing 250... before i forget this tomorrow morning,

you trust some blindly, and he cheated all your money away. why did you trust him in the first place? how did he get your bank account number?

i did not say specifically on the bank account no. regarding the friend betreyal example. what i meant on that example is wherein you (for example) trusted a person with an investment where you thought was a good deal unknowingly he was just a user or a conman. you became broke because of that therefore is it your FAULT for trusting a guy whom you taught you trusted?

another example wherein a person has two choices with no way out... hmm... how about the issue of "mercy killing" (you know, the one about a doctor who is going to pull the plug on an unconcious person whom he "THINKS" but not sure that he is going to stay that way forever?) Abortion is another factor wherein a baby has no way out of the circumstance...

ps: just wanna tell you guys that you guys are debating now whose fault is who and will circle over and over again and will debate the whole night till one gets hot headed. a word of caution...

nyt nyt

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-06-2001, 02:21 PM   #84
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
another thing 250... before i forget this tomorrow morning,

you trust some blindly, and he cheated all your money away. why did you trust him in the first place? how did he get your bank account number?

i did not say specifically on the bank account no. regarding the friend betreyal example. what i meant on that example is wherein you (for example) trusted a person with an investment where you thought was a good deal unknowingly he was just a user or a conman. you became broke because of that therefore is it your FAULT for trusting a guy whom you taught you trusted?

another example wherein a person has two choices with no way out... hmm... how about the issue of "mercy killing" (you know, the one about a doctor who is going to pull the plug on an unconcious person whom he "THINKS" but not sure that he is going to stay that way forever?) Abortion is another factor wherein a baby has no way out of the circumstance...

ps: just wanna tell you guys that you guys are debating now whose fault is who and will circle over and over again and will debate the whole night till one gets hot headed. a word of caution...

nyt nyt

there is no reality, only perception, we all can be right

good night
Old 10-06-2001, 03:30 PM   #85
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
i have a unique problem for all of you...

who would you choose or how will you decide?

Just read the first post, thread's too long to read it all now - however, my response is 'err on the side of compassion'.

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-06-2001, 10:37 PM   #86
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

methinks that this thread will now free-fall and let it so
thanks again..

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-06-2001, 10:58 PM   #87
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
i have a unique problem for all of you...

who would you choose or how will you decide?

problem A.

a certain guy named "A" asked helped from "B" about a certain subject matter or something. "B" said that he was busy and could not help "A". Because of that, "A" got mad at "B" and telling him that he/she is a selfish person since he/she would not like to help "A". "B" responded in kind that "A" is the one selfish and not considerate of other peoples feelings or schedule... now i ask you "Who is selfish among them?"

Problem B

a beggar approaches you and ask for money? will you give the money, knowing that you are just encouraging him/her to beg again to other people or will you not give money that may force the beggar to commit a crime in order to survive? (i know that there is alternative ways like giving the beggar food or bringing him or her to a shelter station for help, but if you only had those two choices, which would you choose among them??)

i am giving these questions knowing that i will encounter similar events like these i wish to be somewhat prepared for this kinds of problems. share your wisdom or comments on these matter folks... thanks

A)Stay out of it let "A" & "B" settle it themselves

B)I always ask why they need the money. If it is for food I buy them food, if it for clothes I buy them clothes, I don't give them money, but will try to get them what items they need.

------------------

Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!