Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 01:46 PM   #41
Istaron
Banned User

So, some people did this and injured/killed probally thousands of innocent people. A war would mean that thouasands of innocent people on the other "side", who didn't had anything with this to do (it is true, all palestinians are not terrorists), will be killed and raped. Is retailiation really right then?

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-11-2001, 01:47 PM   #42
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
What is this craziness, Lifetime? I'm very surprised to hear this from you. How do you know that Middle Eastern people are even responsible? Do you know something we don't? And how does that make the US better, if they attack and destroy a nation of innocent people? Are those innocent people's lives cheaper, more expendable than American lives?

It's this kind of inflammatory statement that breeds hate and misunderstanding. Mindless violence begetting mindless violence.

Find out who was responsible and bring them to justice by all means. But to go off spouting hatred and violence against a group that you don't even know is responsible is insane.

I know emotions are heated right now, but be calm for God's sake! I don't even know if some of my friends who work in WTC are still ALIVE!!! and you don't hear me baying for blood.

All true (I nod my head in approval)....

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 01:54 PM   #43
Sorcerer Alex

The middle east *is* responsible for this. There is too much evidence against them. Doing something like this is what gets them to heaven in their religion. That is one thing we don't even need to debate.

Old 09-11-2001, 01:57 PM   #44
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Not that I want a war, but war always and I mean ALWAYS stimulates the economy. Actyally nothing can pull a country together like a war that the people believe in.
AND NOTHING CAN PULL A COUNTRY APART LIKE WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree to that, also in a more literary sense than you probably mean.
Old 09-11-2001, 02:04 PM   #45
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Even though I am not a U.S. citizen, I would like to add my 2 cents, I think the U.S. should retaliate, whether it's a nation or a terrorist organisation, if it's a nation, however, war may not be required, a trade embargo can hurt a nation almost as much as a war, if both Europe and America locks out a country, imagine how much it would hurt, war may not be the ONLY solution, if it is a terrorist organisation however, such non-violent means as a lock-out or trades embargo will not be possible, it may be that violence is the only solution in that case.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-11-2001, 02:08 PM   #46
MagiK

Sorcerer BUSH has nothing to do with letting this go, WE won't let this go, do you think the US as a whole will just say ...Oh well thats life and forget about it?? Do YOU think we should?

I will also mention that not only did US citizens and bussiness get destroyed, the WTC was home to many nationalities and is the financial ceter for many countries.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-11-2001, 02:11 PM   #47
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
So, some people did this and injured/killed probally thousands of innocent people. A war would mean that thouasands of innocent people on the other "side", who didn't had anything with this to do (it is true, all palestinians are not terrorists), will be killed and raped. Is retailiation really right then?
I'm sure this is a retorical question here, and I agree with the answer.

For America, it's a choice between bad things. Ignore the attacks despite the pressure, and terrorists will think they can get away with what they do. Launch a full scale war against the home country of whoever did this, be it with infantry and tanks or by bombing, and millions of people will die (especially if the country has an A-bomb somewhere. You attack us? Go ahead. We launch our bomb and it'll do more damage than you can do to our smaller country), probably on both sides. Or, hunt down the terrorist organisation (just try to get to all members. English and Irish people can tell you about the IRA). The latter is, in my opinion, the best option, but I dislike the idea. And getting the leader will be imposible. Somehow the leaders always manage to stay safe while innocents die.

I wish it never happened (but I know that's in vain)

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

This picture has nothing to do with the other part of my sig. It's just cool.

Old 09-11-2001, 02:15 PM   #48
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
The middle east *is* responsible for this. There is too much evidence against them. Doing something like this is what gets them to heaven in their religion. That is one thing we don't even need to debate.
THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE AT THIS POINT!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2001, 02:20 PM   #49
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
What is this craziness, Lifetime? I'm very surprised to hear this from you. How do you know that Middle Eastern people are even responsible? Do you know something we don't? And how does that make the US better, if they attack and destroy a nation of innocent people? Are those innocent people's lives cheaper, more expendable than American lives?

It's this kind of inflammatory statement that breeds hate and misunderstanding. Mindless violence begetting mindless violence.

Find out who was responsible and bring them to justice by all means. But to go off spouting hatred and violence against a group that you don't even know is responsible is insane.

I know emotions are heated right now, but be calm for God's sake! I don't even know if some of my friends who work in WTC are still ALIVE!!! and you don't hear me baying for blood.

Unless you meant your post as a sarcastic statement, in which case you forgot to use a smiley.

Memnoch, I agree with your conclusion, but not how you came to it. Lifetime never said the middle east, you did. He never said attack civillians, you did. I think that whatever organization perpetrated the attack should be held accountable. I'm not asking for blood or war, but I don't think it would be a good idea to let the whole thing go and make terrorists think that they can continue making attacks like this.

I think his post was not about saying our lives are more important, or breeding hatred and violence. I think he was just saying that we should, as our president says, "...punish..." those responsible.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 02:25 PM   #50
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE AT THIS POINT!!!!!!!!!!

I fully agree: I seem to recall that in the Oklahoma bombing "Arabs" were the first to be blamed as well.

Got to admit though, my money's on bin Laden or an Iraqi backed group. If it's bin Laden, how can you declare war on anyone? There's already a price on his head. If its Iraq, well, we (the US and the UK) have effectively been at war with him for the past decade. What more could be done? Bomb more innocent civilians?
Two wrongs don't make a right: trite but true.

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!