Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-21-2003, 12:01 AM   #1
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

I am at the quest where I have to free the animals from the Neverwinter Zoo- I have the piece of paper thats suppose to be used make the big tree near the zoo a transport for the animals that I can now talk to, with an item I recieved. The only problem is, being a fighter, can I even complete that quest- I can't seem to read the paper to create the transport. Any help would be appreciated.

If I can't complete the quest, is there a character modifying program that can make my character learn to read the paper- a program kind of like shadowkeeper for BG2?

Thanks
Wolf Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 02:18 AM   #2
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You should be able to complete the quest, as far as I know. I'm playing a Wizard/Rogue and I was able to read the scroll - even though it is a Druidic spell. I certainly can't read any of the OTHER clerical scrolls I've found, so if the game allowed you to have the quest, it should also allow you to complete it.

IIRC, I opened the cages first and "spoke" to each animal. Each one said they were nervous and would stay in their cage until the a path home had been created. After speaking to each animal, I then went back out to the tree and was given the dialogue option to read the scroll. The "portal" opened and I went back inside. I then told each animal to run out to the tree, which they did. Then you have to follow them outside and actually tell each animal to step into the portal. You recieve 19xp for each one that goes through and then the portal closes.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:28 AM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

Just click on the little tree, not the big trunk, and you should be given the option to use the scroll, you don't need to (or can AFAIK) use the scroll from your inventory. The tree will disappear and be replaced by a portal.

I don't know if the spell on the scroll is a real spell in PnP, but it doesn't exist in NWN as a selectable/memorizable one, only on that specific spell scroll.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:20 PM   #4
Wolf Blade
Dungeon Master

Ok, thanks!
Wolf Blade is offline   Reply With Quote