Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 01:17 PM   #81
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

<font color="orange">Sudden Death is up there. MVP II and any Air Bud past one really get me going. Also, any Disney sequel to anything that doesn't need or want a sequel (Cinderella II? Puh-leeze) [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>
Old 10-05-2003, 10:59 PM   #82
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
<font color = lightgreen>I haven't seen that one, but many movie critics point to <u>Plan 9 From Outer Space</u> as being the Worst Movie Ever Made. Aliens raising the dead to be their zombie army to conquer Earth.... [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] </font>
Didn't one of the actors die when they were making the movie and they just replaced him? And weren't the flying saucers just paper plates? And when they exploded didn't they just take a lighter and set them on fire? and couldn't you see the strings? Oh and Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes was pretty bad too.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:13 PM   #83
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Azred:
<font color = lightgreen>I haven't seen that one, but many movie critics point to <u>Plan 9 From Outer Space</u> as being the Worst Movie Ever Made. Aliens raising the dead to be their zombie army to conquer Earth.... [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] </font>
Didn't one of the actors die when they were making the movie and they just replaced him? And weren't the flying saucers just paper plates? And when they exploded didn't they just take a lighter and set them on fire? and couldn't you see the strings? Oh and Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes was pretty bad too. </font>[/QUOTE]Plan 9 info:
</font>
  • This was Bela Legosi's last film. He had not been acting for years (he was quite washed up as an actor). He died a couple days into filming. Ed Wood (the director) got his wife's chiropractor to fill in, and had him walk around holding a cape up to cover his face in hopes that people wouldn't notice it was a different person.</font>
  • The flying saucers were pie trays, if I remember right, and yes you could see the strings.</font>
  • I don't consider this one of the worst films of all time. It would be one thing if they had spent a fortune on it, and it bombed. This thing was made on almost no budget, so it's not like they could spend money on good actors or good special effects (for the time). You would not expect it to be a good movie, just based on the constraints. That's why I give Robert Rodriguez all the credit in the world for making a pretty good movie (El Mariachi) on $7,000.00. You just don't expect a good movie if you don't have anything to spend on it.</font>
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is designed to be cheesy. All of those Troma movies are the same way. If they are designed to be cheesy and purposely bad, you shouldn't really put them on the list as a bad movie (they are succeeding at what they set out to do).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 11:37 AM   #84
GForce

In my mind, the worst movie so far is "Tremors II". They shouldn't have made a sequel to a great movie.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:18 AM   #85
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

the worst movie i ever saw was my big fat greek wedding I HATED THAT MOVIE!!! i found it sooooo boring.
cloud ff7 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:16 PM   #86
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by GForce:
In my mind, the worst movie so far is "Tremors II". They shouldn't have made a sequel to a great movie.
<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> I think I liked Tremors II better than III. I wound not call either of them the worst ever.

"Hercules in New York" was probaly the worst, I hated "The Piano" but at least there was alot of symbolism and stuff, I hated "Very Bad things" as well, at least that is what I think it was called were thay acadentliy killed the prostitute at a bachlor party and things went down hill from there, it was warped.
</font>

[ 10-22-2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:24 PM   #87
Too Hot
Dungeon Master

Night of the living dead

it was really really bad
Old 10-22-2003, 05:43 PM   #88
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GokuZool:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Xen:
[qb] Oh I think anything or most of the stuff with Bruce Willis...
[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Are you serious?
What about........
Die Hard
The Fifth Element
The Sixth Sense
Unbreakable

IMO, were all very good.
</font>[/QUOTE]Don't forget Pulp Fiction he was in that too [img]smile.gif[/img]
</font>[/QUOTE]Personally I don't care for Action Bruce, but the Fifth Element is one of my favorite movies (funny Bruce), and the Sixth Sense was darn good too (dead Bruce). I can understand Unbreakable being on a bad list... I thought it was an awesome movie but I know a lot of people just didn't get it. The atmosphere of that movie was PALPABLE, and talk about an excellent adaptation of the dark hero meets real life, I think I'm gonna have to watch it again tonight. [img]smile.gif[/img]

OH yea... bad movies...
Pokemon, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE torture to force an adult to endure.

[ 10-22-2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Thoran ]
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 12:09 AM   #89
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Too Hot:
Night of the living dead

it was really really bad
Which version? Original is in black and white, the remake in color.

The original is good, but the remake was horrible! The remake should definitely be on the list.

Also, add Metro and Pluto Nash to the list (Eddie Murphy does have some dogs out there...).

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
OH yea... bad movies...
Pokemon, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE torture to force an adult to endure.
Yes, for adults. But it succeeds in what it set out to do, and that was to entertain children. They could care less about your suffering, just like McDonald's could care less about you having to choke down one of their awful hamburgers. It was made for and advertised to children, and they knew that you were going to get drug into that movie to see it, just like the children drag their parents to McDonald's.

[ 10-23-2003, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Nerull ]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 01:43 AM   #90
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GForce:
<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> I think I liked Tremors II better than III. I wound not call either of them the worst ever.

"Hercules in New York" was probaly the worst, I hated "The Piano" but at least there was alot of symbolism and stuff, I hated "Very Bad things" as well, at least that is what I think it was called were thay acadentliy killed the prostitute at a bachlor party and things went down hill from there, it was warped.
</font>
</font>[/QUOTE]Tremors 3????!. Hmm. Need to look into that. Just curious what was done in that movie.