Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #41
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: So, What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
I got some of the +hit gears from running heroics and getting exalted with argent crusade for the epic boot. If you have Altasloot Enchance you can check which instance drop them.

But you shouldn't worried about hit. According to what I've read you'll need at least 132 hit (with 5/5 precision) for the specials hit cap and you are all set.

What I'm more worried about is that's a rogue dps couldn't match the other classes dps. Last night we went 10 man naxx and although I top the chart in all bosses ( we attempt 4 bosses) . The mage in 2nd wasn't far off and he's only got 2 ~ 3 epics while I'm loaded with them. I fear once he's fully epic he'll easily out dps/damage me.
So we don't need 300 hit anymore? That's new.

Other classes have caught up to our DPS. Have you tried the new HaT spec? It's supposed to be the best raiding spec. Armory Ippon on the US Armory site.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #42
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
So we don't need 300 hit anymore? That's new.

Other classes have caught up to our DPS. Have you tried the new HaT spec? It's supposed to be the best raiding spec. Armory Ippon on the US Armory site.
We didn't need 300 hit anymore since patch 3.0 (pre wotlk)

Yeah, I know about a HaT spec rogue being able to dish out a 6k dps. However it's confirmed as a bug and Blizzard might fix it.

Oh what the heck, for the hell of it I'm gonna try it next week.

Edit : Thanks to my fellow guildmates support, my leatherworking finaly hit 450. Yehaaa!

Last edited by Kakero; 12-11-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #43
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok, I need to do some research on this, but from what the rogues in my guild tell me Kak rogues need far more hit than they did in TBC.

I'll find it out.

And top dpsers as warlocks hunters and warriors in a raid. Mages are way down the list. So are rogues im afraid.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #44
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hunters are getting nerfed though.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #45
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

After 132 hit (5/5 precisions) for specials hit cap. Agi/AP becomes more valuable.

Check EJ forum for the new values at 80.

Ultimately, use a spreadsheet to determine what's good for you.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:18 AM   #46
Lavindathar
Harper

Kak I don't know where your getting your numbers.

From what I can see, raiding rogues will go mutilate spec. They require 753 hit with talents.

Poison hit cap is 315.

135 might be yellow hit cap, but if your aiming for that, then your DPS is going to fail. White damage is, and always has been, where you make your money.

Was talking to the rogues in my guild, and they basically laughed and said they'd kick any rogue that aimed for 135 hit.

All our rogues are aiming for 753.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #47
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

/slap forehead.

Please check EJ forum.

With 5/5 precision. 315 is the poison cap. 132 is the special cap. 755 is the white cap. However, after 132, AGI/AP becomes more valueable.

You shouldn't aim for any stat (I know I did say 132 and you are all set however, because of the point above. ). any rogues who aim for any stat is fail. An upgrade is an upgrade no matter what the stat is. You shouldn't skipped on upgrades just because it doesn't have any hit on it. For example, you know why ZA (leather gears) is an upgrade over kara gears eventhough it doesn't have hit on it?

Like I said, check spreadsheet (purposely bolded it for you) to know what's best for you.

ps. Why am I discussing these with you? Are you raiding with your rogue?

Last edited by Kakero; 12-13-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #48
Lavindathar
Harper

Give link to EJ thread.

And i misunderstood a rogue, they said aim for 315 for poisons if your muti raid spec. Not white like i thought. but 135 is daft.

Last edited by Lavindathar; 12-13-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #49
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Here.

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t37183-pocket_guide_wotlk/

Patch 3.0 did change that, while 343 was the desirable hit cap pre 3.0. After patch 3.0, 235(IIRC poison cap at 70, correct me if I'm wrong) becomes more desirable. That's why sticking +5agi +5hit gem on yellow socket yield higher dps than a straight +10 hit gem.

I do sometimes read that people say EJ is not always correct. However. how come I never see these people post on EJ forum trying to correct it?

Edit : Hitting poison cap 315 (5/5 precision) is good. Also, I said 132 for special hit cap and you are all set is because before raiding naxx, I'm unsure if you can get 315 hit without sacrificing your dps. Which was my reply to Mem because he's not raiding naxx yet.

Last edited by Kakero; 12-13-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: computer hang
Old 12-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #50
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post

You shouldn't aim for any stat (I know I did say 132 and you are all set however, because of the point above. ). any rogues who aim for any stat is fail. An upgrade is an upgrade no matter what the stat is. You shouldn't skipped on upgrades just because it doesn't have any hit on it. For example, you know why ZA (leather gears) is an upgrade over kara gears eventhough it doesn't have hit on it?
LOL Kak weren't you the one telling me to stack hit before?