Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2001, 05:30 PM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! in Durlag's Tower, i have become stuck on the third sublevel! after i beat the second Greater Doppleganger into a tiny pile of mush, im supposed to get a wardstone to open the door to the throne room. according to some of my sources, its the wardstone on the table farthest away from the door, also known as Kiel's Wardstone. however, i pick it up, and NOTHING HAPPENS! i dont even hear a grinding sound! the door stays closed, it doesnt unlock, and im trapped! i tried installing the patch, since i KNEW it was going to happen (it did in a previous game) and that didnt help. so now im stuck sitting in this piece of crap tiny little room. is there a place where i can get a fix for this, or am i doing something wrong? its been awhile since ive done this dungeon, after all...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 08:55 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ok, i got through that with just a little bit of patience, but now i have a similar problem. during the battle after that, my bard got killed. i thought, 'ok, fine, go back to Nashkel and get him revived.' i did that, then i came back, (i still had the wardstone and the bards stuff is behind the door, mind you) the door is CLOSED AGAIN! and i cant open it back up! gah! this is worse than it was earlier because then i could just walk away and forget about it, i cant do that anymore! i dont wanna use Gatekeeper, but if i have to i will. of course, i wil only use it if there is no help to be found anywhere!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 07:16 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

That happened to me too - all the doors reset when you head back to town. GRRRR!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 11:21 AM   #4
Zbyszek

I had some similar problem - read topic like "Durlags Tower lv2 - wardstones?"
At the first time I think that training room, statues and wardstones open he way. If you pick up Kiels helm and go out all doors will close - in fact some times not all - I was able to go two times back from the 2nd level for shopping, but it was boring to reload and reload to get some of that doors open whe you came back. Anyway I think that the first level was the most complicated and had most of hard combats you can not avoid or use cunny tactic to finish easy (the 3rd level was really easy). So (except of dead npc) it is better to refresh after 1st level and finish with tower!
SPOLIER
-
-
-
-
-
At fourth level there are 2 some kind of skeletal warriors - I dont know english names - (the same kind what in Degrodels house in BG - by the way this was the hardest fight in my BG1- not unseen rangers(?) nor wardens of doom(?)) but you can see them behind doors and kill them casting fireballs (through closed doors ) etc without beeing hurt

Zbyszek
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 02:41 PM   #5
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
- Have you tried hitting the dummies and stuff ?? I havent played DT in a while but i think you could do it that way. Anyway, i always to the Tower without leaving it, i know the whole first level is so buggy, so i prefer having to drop some stuff rather than leaving and not being able to go any further.
Zbyszek: those monsters are Invisible Stalkers and Doom Guards in english

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote