Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-10-2001, 04:44 AM   #1
Starkiller
The Magister

Maybe it is just me, but I got ToB, and decided to replay through SoA with ToB installed to see what was different, since I know it changes a few things, before going on to the ToB part. I am using the character I already beat the game with, since I simply want to play through again to see what is different, and I like my character, but I am keeping his xp down using shadow keeper. Anyway... is it just me, or along with the other changes to the game are there a lot more lichs? I have been noticing them popping up almost at random, like there is one with a group of undead in the old temple to the sun god right before the Shadow dragon, and I am pretty sure there wasnt one there before. There were also a couple in the ghoul town in the unseeing eye cult quest...I was just wondering, did anyone else notice this? Or am I just forgeting that they were there.
Old 08-10-2001, 05:10 AM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

There's nothing wrong with your memory. There were no liches in those areas at first. Maybe liches are the latest fashion item, or maybe they were added because there weren't enough to make them a useful racial enemy for the rangers, but whatever the case, these guys are new in town.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 08-10-2001, 05:24 AM   #3
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Actually, they were always there. These two areas were coded this way to compensate for your level. If you are a high enough level, they are liches. But, if you not they are Greater Mummies.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 08-10-2001, 05:38 AM   #4
Starkiller
The Magister

ah, well that explains it. Thanks

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"