Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #1
nokturnal_1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

O.K. I was at shur. castle, collecting all the evil items to snuff haleabus. I made my way back to ishadna for some R&R, and stopped into the magic shop. Xander sucked up my needed item "ardibren's keepsake" and thanked me for the successful questing. The keepsake isn't availible to purchase, So I am unable to supercharge the evil mask! Any suggestions are very appreciated.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:29 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

First off, welcome to the boards, nokturnal_1! May your shadow grow tall and your reputation grow vast throughout the Gael Serran.

Second, that's exactly what's supposed to happen! Xander takes Ardibren's keepsake, and what you need for charging the mask are the five elements of fear, one of which Ardibren had on his person when he died. Put all five elements in their holders, put the mask in its place, and watch the fireworks!

You have to rummage through Shurugeon to get all five elements, but they are there...

If you're still stuck, let us know more about where you are and what the exact problem is.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 03:57 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

Ardibren's Keepsake is a Mages Guild quest item. It is not related to D'Soto. As Bungleau has noted, nothing is wrong.
You will need 5 Elements of Evil for freeing D'Soto. When the elements are unidentified, they are described as ?Element of Evil?. This can help you to see whether you have found an element or not.
BTW, does anybody know that you can bless Ardibren's Keepsake for AC? As far as the AC is concerned, Ardibren's Keepsake behaves like a ring: each blessing = AC +1. It is already enchanted once, therefore, it can give you additional AC 11 (with Blessings 12) or AC 13 (with Blessings 14).
Old 05-28-2003, 06:50 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

And the keepsake equips like a shield...

Welcome to the board, Nokturnal_1. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Nice to have you with us. Do keep us posted if any other problems arise or if you have anything else you wish to discuss in connection with the game. We all love the challenge.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:53 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the board nokturnal. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Stay around and keep us posted on your adventures. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, nokturnal_1!!!

You've been well answered so I hope your game is now progressing nicely again! Do keep us posted on how you are doing!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 05:18 AM   #7
nokturnal_1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you all for the responses. `,) We had stopped a bit early, not having continued to De Soto's cozy tower digs. So that being attended to, Haleabus was dispatched in wonderfully short order. (De Soto, PLEASE! Just doing the stuff of legends and all that. No need to get misty ol boy...) I had a ball with the drawbridge lever too. Seems when a crowd of XPs (enemies/monsters) squeezed in between the towers, 1 or 2 would get knocked off in battle. (mainly spiders) To the delight of my characters it was discovered that the drawbridge was a most effective melee weapon. Much more fun than elevators, the lever allows one to yell taunts to monsters about bad luck or atrocious choices of camp sites when laying siege; before painting the drawbridge with thier very essence. Well again thanks, we'll be off to find what else we might make right in this land. We will visit when we can here on the boards.

[ 05-30-2003, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: nokturnal_1 ]
Old 05-30-2003, 09:36 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

ROTFL! Using the drawbridge as a melee weapon... never thought of that one before!

Say... I wonder if you could use it to take care of the salads... probably be some tricky timing, though...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote