Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 02:20 PM   #1
Moni

Well it has rained here....a LOT. I saw earlier this week that San Antonio got coverage on the national news before things got as bad as they are now.
This ought to teach those religious fanatics to gather in masses and pray for rain lol. From what I understood prior to the rains, they were talking about seeding clouds to alleviate the drought...looks like someone went a little overboard but everyone is treating it like a natural phenomenon.

The media has had the appetite of a starving vulture, looking for death and destruction 24/7. Its really sickening. From what I understand, there was worse flooding in 1998, I can't imagine what they must have acted like then. (insert big gag here).

Well, look for Texas on the national news again...water is breaching the spillways of area dams and houses are floating away.

Its wet here in Lytle to say the least. Our schools are taking in refugees from neighboring towns who are losing their homes to the Medina River but there has been no local flooding to speak of beyond a half inch of water running off our back yard and onto our back porch overnight.

It'll be nice to see the sun again...good thing we mowed before it started raining lol.

Old 07-05-2002, 02:32 PM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I knove what you are beeing troug Moni 2 years ago we have "rain for 4 monts in one row and the roads and thing begin to fall apart and so on so i knove your frustation of the rain but now we hawe SUUUUUUUNNNN her for 3 weeks and it it`s great [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]
Maby it is to mutch of the good here!
It is raining or it is sun for weeks so i dont knove but the world weather must be changing i think... i dont knove but i im a little worried because of this!!
Old 07-05-2002, 02:38 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I've been wondering how you guys were faring down in that direction!

We've had a lot of rain in North Texas, but nothing compared to Austin and San Antonio. Glad to see you're not flooded out. [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 07-05-2002, 02:39 PM   #4
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Rains great, speshully walking in it.its refreshing.sunshines ok unless ur a vampire.
Felix

[img]graemlins/knight.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2002, 02:40 PM   #5
Moni

Megabot,
4 months in a row, wow, that would take these parts off the map!
Its been raining fairly steadily for 5 or 6 days now...that's more than the areas north of us were prepared for.

I've seen coverage of roads being washed out and interstate highways underwater in San Antonio and am thankful I don't live there.
The worse thing is that most of the early flooding was caused by the neglect of clogged drainage lines.
IMO those people should have equipped themselves with proper drainage ways a long time ago. We have them here (which is why we are still relatively dry) and we are twenty times smaller a town than San Antonio. Makes you wonder.

Hi Saz!
Yeah we are doing well, thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-05-2002, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-05-2002, 02:45 PM   #6
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
Rains great, speshully walking in it.its refreshing.sunshines ok unless ur a vampire.
Felix

Tell that to the hundreds of people in Texas whose homes and businesses are damaged or destroyed by floods right now. I think they'd smack you upside the head before they told you to go ahead and take a walk in it (you'd be washed away).

Old 07-05-2002, 02:55 PM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well, haven't heard bout all the rain, but NY needs some real bad. The grass is all dead, and its to freakin hot out to do anything. We had some Thunder storms a while back though
Old 07-05-2002, 03:01 PM   #8
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Well, haven't heard bout all the rain, but NY needs some real bad. The grass is all dead, and its to freakin hot out to do anything. We had some Thunder storms a while back though
I am pretty sure the national news will be covering it tonight...they have had some unit of the National Guard called out today to survey some dam that is leaking and have been using Apache helicopters for emergency evacuations in some areas for the last couple of days.

The water is still rising. I am thankful that I live where I do for having to be so near the destruction.

I'll try to send it your way.

[ 07-05-2002, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-05-2002, 03:05 PM   #9
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

hey man no need to take an offensive its an opinion u know liek ur opinion that sunshine is good.tell that too all the people that die everyday cuz of dehydration and lack of food(malnutrition i just thort of the word) cuz they cant grow nowt and then id bet theyd slap u in the head and tell u to live in that sort of conditions.sheesh.
Felix

[ 07-05-2002, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: FelixJaeger ]
Old 07-05-2002, 03:19 PM   #10
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
hey man no need to take an offensive its an opinion u know liek ur opinion that sunshine is good.tell that too all the people that die everyday cuz of dehydration and lack of food(malnutrition i just thort of the word) cuz they cant grow nowt and then id bet theyd slap u in the head and tell u to live in that sort of conditions.sheesh.
Felix

Oh Dude, I am sorry that you took my post as an offensive remark to yours!
Reading over it, I guess it could be taken that way but that's not how I meant it. I am really sorry that you took it that way.
This isn't just rain...its major flooding....roads and bridges gone...homes...gone....communities evacuated while the water claims their houses and belongings...dams on the verge of breaking...and it isn't over yet.
I like rain! Just not seven days worth in an area that isn't prepared for it lol.

[ 07-05-2002, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]