Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-13-2001, 04:38 PM   #51
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Rolling his eyes, Meldrin nevertheless addresses Larry. ~ "Has anyone told you, human, that you're some sort of an imbecile?" ~ he glares at Larry ~ "Why would I tell you how I intend to get the remaining blades?" ~ Chuckles to himself ~ "I could've sworn that I saw a lovesick look on that silly face of yours when you beheld Mistral - and you thought I'd missed that, didn't you? - you're much too dim-witted, even by her standards. I would suggest you start thinking of your last words to her while you have the time... But then, she could die first or you could both die together... care to make a bet?" ~ Meldrin's laughter booms across the room once more.

~ Despite Serephine's expressionless face, she has managed to sneak her right hand against her back, gesturing her guards to remain in position. Falesine stands behind the group, waiting to provide some services again. ~

~ Inside the sphere, Mistral has regained control of her mind after the flitting 9 rounds of chaos. ~ I'll teach him to play tricks on my mind!She rants silently. Realising she has 11 rounds more to prepare for battle once more, she casts the following spells: stoneskin, melf's minute meteors, resist fear, vocalise, improved invisibility. ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-13-2001).]

Old 10-13-2001, 05:00 PM   #52
mistral4543

~ As the sphere shatters into million pieces, Mistral immediately hunts for Meldrin's figure. Seated there smugly, he appears to be making derogatory remarks about Larry.

~ Here goes nothing... Mistral silently prays to Mystra and casts an otiluke's sphere around Larry, temporarily encasing him just as a similar one had protected her earlier. ~

~ "What?!" the rage on Meldrin's face contorts it, and intensifies as she realises he cannot see this young upstart of a mageling ~ "You're only delaying your deaths for a short moment, Mistral!" ~ He casts Oracle to dispel her invisibility...~

Old 10-13-2001, 05:29 PM   #53
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As Larry was standing there, trying to think of something desperate, he was surrounded by a magical force, in which he could not escape...First in panic, then in realization and concern as he saw that Mistral had been freed of her cage of magic and had began the assault.

"Mistral, hang in there until I can become free of this spell!
Spree!!!I really, really need you!!!"

~Larry thought as he watched on in desparation.
And, lately...it seems to be that he had been calling on Spree alot more than his own Goddess...strange...
Old 10-13-2001, 05:34 PM   #54
mistral4543

(Round 2)
~ The battle goes on and on. At least I'm buying time... poor Larry, eventually I shall fail you, but I'll do whatever I can now to save you... ~
As her invisibility is dispelled, Mistral casts a secret word to remove one of Meldrin's spell protections up to level 8... Oh no, I've wasted a perfectly good spell for nothing; he has no spell protections! ~

(Round 3)
~ Incensed, Meldrin releases a minor spell sequencer of magic missiles at Mistral, but shakes with rage as the missiles remove only 2 of her 7 layers of stoneskin. Following up closely, he casts Horror at her, but discovers to his disgust that it has no effect... ~

~ While the missiles do not bodily harm Mistral, her spellcasting is nevertheless disrupted by them. Her lower magic resistance spell fizzles out and she prepares to attack him with her meteors for the next round...~

(Round 4)
~ Anticipating Mistral's move, Meldrin casts a Mislead to absorb all the physical damage inflicted by the meteors ~ Let her waste her weapons on my double... she's too inexperienced to know of the True Sight spell, anyway. ~ Mentally runs through his repertoire of spells looking for relatively lower level spells so that he can save the best for last when Chani arrives ~

~ Her heart sinks as she watches her meteors raining on Meldrin's misled self and not affecting Meldrin at all. ~

(Round 5)
~ Trying to speed up his process of eliminating Mistral, Meldrin casts a breach spell at her. Her stoneskin layers fall harmlessly onto the ground.~

~ The resist fear spell protects Mistral from panicking at this turn of events. Knowing that her remaining spells are no match for Meldrin, she continues throwing the meteors at his double. The misled figure is finally weakening... ~

Old 10-13-2001, 05:43 PM   #55
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"Mistral needs her sword"...,

Larry thought, as he watched the battle going not too very well...he had to get Shatter into her hand...somehow...when this thing wears off...

ooc...I guess you read Spree's identification for your sword...and since it would be cool to get it to you so you can have some fun. It likes you more, anyway...

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 05:50 PM   #56
mistral4543

(Round 6)

~ Sensing that victory is around the corner, Meldrin dispels all of Mistral's magic easily. He grins at the look of helplessness on her face. ~

~ Her meteors, while powerful +5 weapons, are simply not doing damage fast enough. The misled figure is now reduced to half its hitpoints, but she will need to cast more meteors for further damage.~

(Round 7)
~ He picks on the level 3 flame arrow spell and shoots it at Mistral. ~ It's amazing what these things can do...~ Laughs as Mistral staggers in pain backwards... ~

~ Fortunately, her recklessly thrown meteors manage to strike Meldrin's double as she stumbles. Blood trickles from her pierced wounds... Mystra, grant me time to cast my last set of meteors! ~
Old 10-13-2001, 06:08 PM   #57
mistral4543

(Round 8)

~ He runs forward and places his burning hands on Mistral, scorching her. ~

~ No!... Mystra, is this your will?! Her last minute meteors spell is disrupted and Mistral looks around at her surroundings, as if for the last time. ~

(Round 9)
~ He conjures the level 1 chromatic orb and watches it strike her body. ~

~ She groans as the pain in her body deepens with each fresh onslaught. This must be pre-destined... at least I'm still able to move a little... ~

(Round 10)
~ Meldrin closes his eyes as if praying to his own goddess, then opens them and chants again. Acid arrows appear out of nowhere and fly straight to Mistral...~

~ She is now tasting blood as she sways, facing Meldrin and his double. Beads of perspiration have formed at the temples of her forehead. She continues to stare at Meldrin, hoping to hold his attention as long as she is alive. ~

Old 10-13-2001, 06:09 PM   #58
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Inside the Spere, Larry screams in anger...

"Aerie grant me the chance to save her!"

He grips the Katanas tightly, Nighblade growing cooler and Shatter growing warmer...

SPREE!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 06:17 PM   #59
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

yes...I am supposed to be outside looking for my lost wedding band that fell out of my pocket while I was painting an oil barrel...but I cannot get out of that sphere!!!
How much longer????
Old 10-13-2001, 06:18 PM   #60
mistral4543

ooc: Huh? You dropped what?! Tell me you're kidding...pls...
Your character is not trapped in the sphere at all. Only Mistral was, and she has been trying to distract Meldrin from him.