Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-24-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
Target
Red Dragon

I’m guessing there might have been lots of question like this, so sorry to ask….
What clan makes the best Warrior, wizard, rogue and priest and why?
Cheers

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:56 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

IMO, all races are equal [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] You will see a difference only in the beginning of the game. Later on, all differences will vanish.
The only things that won't vanish are race traits and carrying capacity. Among the traits, only a few are worth of mentioning, namely:
- Quick Learning
- Mana Seed
Most of other traits are, again, only temporary advantages or they are useless directly (night vision of whiskahs, for example).
There is also a trait, which is dangerous. The Dodge trait of pixies looks great but it is buggy and causes the pixies to dodge their own spells. Casting Armor or Create Portal on a pixie isn't a simple task.

Therefore, navigate yourself by means of the race traits. If you feel that the trait can be useful in your party, then take the corresponding race. Select a class, which you think that it fits the race. You cannot be wrong. Even if the race/class combination looks like a complete nonsense, you will see that it is not. A few ankhs and promotions in levels will fix all your problems.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:55 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I agree with Radek. The race characteristics make little difference as the game goes on. One thing I like early on is using a Rattkin to open chests. That gold-digger trait should (I hope) result in a little more gold. However, I don't think I've seen it be a noteworthy difference, and there's no really good way to check.

I do like night vision for the whiskas. True, it doesn't help anyone else, but my kitty is the party leader for the most part, and we take advantage of her superior eyesight.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:45 AM   #4
Target
Red Dragon

How do you know/elect the party leader or is it the top picture on the right hand side?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 02-24-2004, 11:05 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes, the party leader is the character at the top. You can rearrange your party any time by clicking and pressing the cursor on the character's name and drag the picture underneath the name to the top if you wish to have a new leader. [img]smile.gif[/img] Of course you can also rearrange them in any of the inns.

In my opinion elves make the best wizards because the quick learner trait will make them learn spells faster.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:17 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... I always thought the party leader was the one who is currently active. That also happens to be my top-spot character, usually...
-+-+-+
Old 02-24-2004, 12:54 PM   #7
Target
Red Dragon

Does the leader get attacked more? and Does it make any difference what class is the leader?
Cheers

Old 02-24-2004, 03:38 PM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hmmm... I always thought the party leader was the one who is currently active. That also happens to be my top-spot character, usually...
And AFAIK this is the correct interpretation. The lead character does not have to be on top of the list, just select the character you wish to lead and you have him/her. This definitely comes in handy when passing through low doors. You don't need to spend 5 minutes on rearranging your party.

To answer the original question, I agree with Radek and Bungleau, traits over skills. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 04:16 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I haven't seen where the class of the party leader makes a difference. And the only things that affect how often you get attacked is Leadership (which should increase it) and stealth (which decreases if you're hiding in shadows.

Basically, there are no bad choices. Go ahead and kill something!

And on a side note... only eight more posts until Willow gets a new hairdo. Woo-hoo!
-+-+-+
Old 02-24-2004, 08:03 PM   #10
bsftcs
Red Dragon

My mistake. I am the one confusing things here. Yes, the leader is the character currently active. (With regards to height in narrow passages and such). But in my experience the character's place on the roster is not entirely without influence. For example: My top character is always the one who gets hit most by enemies. I admit that might have something to do with the fact that my lead character is a human which means that the character has the "natural leader" trait making her more targeted. Also she has maximum presence without being a ninja or assassin which should also make enemies attack her more.

However, it is my experience that the character placed at the bottom of the roster is always the one who suffers injuries from being hit by elevators and traps such as the ones in the boogre cave gauntlet. I have tried placing each of my party members at the bottom and he or she is always the one to suffer the hit.