Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-01-2005, 04:45 PM   #11
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Sounds fine, though I recomend Lathander as your god for the Cleric. Talos and Bane are other good choices.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:29 PM   #12
Enwareth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've used Lathander before, I was going to try a different deity, but I'm kind of wary about a new order because I'm so used to Lathander.
Thanks for the perspective. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2005, 09:27 PM   #13
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

What race are you intending for your monk? I would recomend a Drow or Deep Gnome. Why? They get innate magic resistance, which when added to a monk resistance that they recieve at lvl 13-ish makes them virtually immune to spells. With a cleric of Lathander or Talos, you will have an excellent decoy for 3 (!) bombs. Feel free to throw everything you have at the little guy, from fireball to Horrid Wilting, and he'll withstand it. I can't say the same for all the enemies that he'll attract, however
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:03 PM   #14
Enwareth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I made a half elf monk, although the thought of firing destructive spells her way (if she were drow) is intriguing. Just like the hordes of monsters waiting to hack my characters down.
I'm still experimenting with characters though, I don't want them to be over-powerful, but I don't want them to die 15 seconds into the prologue. (not that your suggestion would get them killed)
Many thanks Marty4.
Enwareth is offline   Reply With Quote