Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2001, 08:33 AM   #11
Zbyszek

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:

Ronn, the point is that bombing again, or going in with troops again, might just strengthen his position in the country. We might be able to weaken his position if we lift the sanctions and start giving the aid now. I know it doesn't look palatable but it doesn't involve killing people and it would probably work. IMO anyway.

Some of sanctions have been lifted. There is program oil for food. You want to feed them and hope that then everything will be OK. I dont know if you have you heard about it but it was aloud sometimes ago when Americans stopped Russian tanker and claimed that oil was illegally taken from Iraq.
Lets clarify: Iraq sells or can sell oficially oil for food, they sell oil unofficialy also.
First: food and part of aid goes first to army, to Saddams people. They thank him not you or UN.
Second: i am lauging each time I hear about such cases, Do you know that such help can be sold to other/second countries? In eastern Asia (like Bangladesh etc), it is very popular way for military people to earn money.
Third: You think they dont have money? They have, but they prefer to buy weapons. To develop new biological weapons, to build radar stations etc. Personally I am not surprised at all. Iran, Syria, Turkey, Kuwait - all neighbours build military installations, buy ammo and weapon all the time. Some people cry that Iraq develop biological, chemical or nuclear weapons. And Iran not? and Syria not? Thay are all really very hard working countries. They have to be prepared to fight USA, Israel, and all their neighbours as well.

People dont change, read history books, they invent new toys only.
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 06:50 PM   #12
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:

- in nothern part - Kurds - they fight against Iraq with support of Iran, against Turkey with help of Iraq - independent Kurdistan would be a threat for Turkey - our ally
No one think of Kurds, human rights organization and similar s**t, where are you? - all USA, UN care about themselves only

Actually, the Kurds are the reason for the "no fly zone" in Iraq enforced by the UN. Also the reason units are based out of that area. Saddam's ethnic cleansing of the Kurds was immediately addressed after the Gulf War. Aid has been supplied to the Kurds in that area. I'm not sure how much is done for them now, but immediately after Iraq's surrender and their subsequent attacks on the Kurds the UN retaliated.