Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-03-2001, 06:49 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Ok, im using Shadow keeper to my elf into a drow.
But what abilities should i give him?
MR? Shadow door? Dimension door(leviate)? Burning hands or panic(The 'summon flames' power doesnt do any damage but does cause enemys to panic)
Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 11-03-2001, 06:56 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

There is an easier way.

go to www.teambg.org (it _should_ be back on sunday, but dont bet on it) or www.teambg.net (i think its .net) and download TDD. in it you get, more quest, new items, 75 new kits and some new races, including drow. of couse it is 266 Mb, but it should be worth it. of course, its not yet compatible with ToB, so you'll have to wait for that.

and the dimension door ability is not usable by players, its just a plot device when an NPC needs to teleport somewhere.
Old 11-04-2001, 12:28 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Colour spray could do for faerie fires and other abilities the Drow has over light. Blind could be used for Globe of Darkness, or make a spell that confuses and blinds enemies in a certain radius. OR you could just make yourself invisible and pretend that they cant see you in the darkness.
Levitation is trickier, Shadow Door might be your answer here. There are many uses to levitation, but the engine only allows for you to move around, and not go on a higher plane(its not 3d after all) or anything like that. You could always use the CTRL-J button and pretend that you levitated to your location.
MR is a must, as well as saving throws to things like paralysis or death or petrification. The should be given the abilities to turn invisible if they're not thieves or rangers to take into account the Drow ability to conceal oneself..
Thats all I can think of right now, I'll post again if I come up with anything interesting.
Old 11-04-2001, 02:46 AM   #4
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

don't forget to keep your CHA at 2 and not to get around that with the ring. the only drow ever to not get attacked on sight is drizzt and right now, despite the story so far, youre just a drow. you should also plan on not using any npc's that aren't evil. if youre going the "no my drow is really a good guy" aka drizzt aka solaufein, well...

btw, the game wasnt designed for characters that have 65% magic resistance. don't expect any challenges anywhere as the most dangerous things in the game are spell-based.