Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-06-2004, 07:23 AM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I'm replaying this game again after many years. This time I want to solo. Okay, I created a human warrior, bought a sword and a shield ( the only thing I can afford ). Exit the east gate and met upon a group of 7 wild boar ( or something like that ). Needless to say my character died after only killing 2 out of 7.

has anyone soloed before? How did you do it?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:28 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Solo games are hard, and a solo warrior is one of the hardest. You can read through Missy Hissy's adventures up top on the sticky link -- she was a solo warrior, and ran into exactly the same problem.

She survived by battling outside the gates of Valeia. Every time she got injured, she went into town to heal up, and then came back out. Eventually, she won.

I would consider selling your sword for a dagger. Damage is about the same at this level, and you get more attacks in with a dagger.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 02:27 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I suggest heavy cheating.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:53 PM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

No cheating required.
Dump that homo warrior. Start with a Wizard, and work heavy in fire spell school, then stone. This way you can kill from afar with two seperate books. Once you get to where adversaries run from you. Then become an Assassin and wreak havoc on the game.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I don't feel like cheating.

Anyway, I start again with a solo Pixie warrior, Now I'm just in front of the crypt door. Didn't have much problem clearing everything on the way. I guees pixie's dodge trait is really good. also, I tend to notice pixie have a super fast hp regeneration.

I choose warrior because - warrior ~ barbarian ~ paladin ( for healing spell )~ samurai ( for combative spell ) ~ assasin ~ zen master.

which mean I won't be having any combative spell magic until I do the samurai quest.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:29 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Depends on what challenge you want in a solo game. A solo warrior or rogue is harder because of the lack of magic at the start (and rogues are harder still because of the lack of a guild).

IMHO, it really doesn't matter what class you pick, because at the end of the game, you will be wiping out everything that comes your way without too much difficulty. But as Felix has pointed out (on more than one occasion ), a well-equipped and trained assassin can make short work of anything in its path...

Enjoy [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:59 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Pixies are great early on. However, you will start to feel the disadvantages pretty soon since you can't waer any heavy armor. After equipping a sword and a pair of boots you're encumbered.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:41 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Notes of a player who always plays a solo character [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

1. Start as a mage. It's the only way of getting the Stone Magic. Otherwise, you will have to play without Stone Magic almost to the end of the game.
2. The beginning will be hard. Use the "return to the town" method. Everytime you return to the town, your mana is resored completely. Therefore, fire your spells, return to the town, leave the town, fire your spells, etc. This will improve later.
3. Collect all magic schools. You will need them. Therefore, become a ranger (Vine Magic), then a paladin (spirit magic) and, finally, a warlock (Moon and Fiend Magic and all magic schools are "yours").
4. Play the warlock for some time. Gain level 7 Stone spells (only a mage or a warlock can get them), then become a barbarian.
5. Reset Adventures. Now, you are a pure barbarian and you can get all roles again. Fight your way to Ishad N'ha and then to Stout Mines so that you get Warrior's Guild level 5. Get the Stunning Blow trait.
6. Now, you can leave the barbarian role. Change roles and keep each role to character level 8 or 9. Collect traits and spells, train your skills. At the end of this training session, get your final role.