Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Jagged Alliance Flashback Kickstarter

"Turn-based strategy reboot Jagged Alliance: Flashback will be funded via a Kickstarter campaign, Danish studio Full Control has announced.

The funding drive is set to begin next week, with donations accepted from $5.

Full Control describes Jagged Alliance: Flashback as a "series reset" that will return the franchise to its tactical turn-based roots.

It'll be set during during the Cold War period on the Caribbean Island of San Cristobal.

The developer is still finishing development on its new Space Hulk game, but announced last week that Jagged Alliance: Flashback would be its next project.

The first Jagged Alliance game was released back in 1994, then the superb Jagged Alliance 2 arrived in 1999. The series was rebooted in 2012 with the disappointing Jagged Alliance - Back in Action, a game that left the franchise's turn-based action roots behind."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...aign-announced

JA2 was the best turn based tactical game of all time (XCOM included).

Actually I don't know if I'll be able to back this one or not. I'm sorely tempted to though. I might have stretch the wallet a bit with backing for Project Eternity and Torment Tides of Numenera. ESPECIALLY the latter one. I went a bit overboard on that one.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 04-18-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Jagged Alliance Flashback Kickstarter

I could never get myself through ToEE due to the turn based thing. It works really well in PnP games, but is, er, cumbersome to me on the PC. I guess because there's nobody else to BS with while you wait 6 seconds for an orc to move 2 feet towards you.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
I could never get myself through ToEE due to the turn based thing. It works really well in PnP games, but is, er, cumbersome to me on the PC. I guess because there's nobody else to BS with while you wait 6 seconds for an orc to move 2 feet towards you.
Sorry but I don't agree about Turn based games. They are NOT cumbersome on the PC and the system can and does work very well for games like Jagged Alliance and X-com.

ToEE was just a buggy PoS. lol

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 04-18-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Foehammer View Post
Sorry but I don't agree about Turn based games. They are NOT cumbersome on the PC and the system can and does work very well for games like Jagged Alliance and X-com.

ToEE was just a buggy PoS. lol
That much is for certain. As much as I like BG, IWD et al, I could never get into the turn based games. It isn't a "they are bad" thing, it's a "they aren't for me" thing.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
That much is for certain. As much as I like BG, IWD et al, I could never get into the turn based games. It isn't a "they are bad" thing, it's a "they aren't for me" thing.
If you don't like this type of game that's fine. Just don't back it in kickstarter or buy it at pre-release. No one is even twisting your arm to back it or even play this type of game even if you got it for free. This was simply a heads up for the folks who have played JA and JA2 and might be interested in a real reboot of the franchise.

Obviously it doesn't appeal to you. lol

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 04-18-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer

The Kickstarter for this went live about a week ago:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...hback?ref=live

Even though I was intrigued by the game, I wasn't going to back this originally because their lowest tier for a boxed version was 150$.
HOWEVER, they updated the KS tiers and added a tier with a boxed version at $65 (shipping included).

Cheapest digital download version for PC, Mac or Linux is 25$

Game will be delivered DRM free.

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 04-29-2013 at 07:45 AM.