Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-30-2004, 11:40 AM   #21
philip
Galvatron

I'm Dutch but I could be 1/4 English cause my mum was born in Hong Kong when it still was English. I think my uncle has complete English nationality as well since he served in the British army but I don't know when you can.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:42 AM   #22
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

United states here, but my madien name is Scotish, and my married name is Irish.....go figure
Old 10-30-2004, 11:44 AM   #23
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
I'm Dutch but I could be 1/4 English cause my mum was born in Hong Kong when it still was English.
Technically I think that'd make you British, not English.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:07 PM   #24
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Tra'or. Is that how ye pronounces Tractor down thar? Tra'or? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oh, aye, t'locals like ter say things as easy as possible. Life is simple. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

O'course, Tra'ors are a thing've ter past... Nowadays we love ter roam fields wiv'our combine 'arvesters.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:19 PM   #25
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
but was born in Den Bosch, where i lived for 30 years.
[img]redface.gif[/img] That instantly explains the love for beer. You Brabandian barbarian!

I'm one other dutchy, I'm from the province Zeeland(or Sealand), the old and forgotten father of New Sealand! Luckily, I've abandoned that evil place to study in Utrecht. It's the best town in the world [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2004, 01:26 PM   #26
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
quote:
Tra'or. Is that how ye pronounces Tractor down thar? Tra'or? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oh, aye, t'locals like ter say things as easy as possible. Life is simple. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

O'course, Tra'ors are a thing've ter past... Nowadays we love ter roam fields wiv'our combine 'arvesters.
[/QUOTE]Jaradu you've made my day with your self mockery... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Don't worry I live in Lancashire, we've plenty of stereo types. I Actually live quite close to liverpool (GOD NO! I dont have a scouse accent, so dont ask, that'd be hell [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), and liverpool is the biggest stereotype area in all england.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:31 PM   #27
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
but was born in Den Bosch, where i lived for 30 years.
[img]redface.gif[/img] That instantly explains the love for beer. You Brabandian barbarian!

I'm one other dutchy, I'm from the province Zeeland(or Sealand), the old and forgotten father of New Sealand! Luckily, I've abandoned that evil place to study in Utrecht. It's the best town in the world [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]I guess, but working at the Heineken breweries for 9 years also played a part in it. You could buy a bottle of beer for 25 cent in the lunchroom, and there was no limit of how much you could drink. For the price of one Joetje you could drink yourself silly there. The days that i left for work at 5:30 in the morning and came home pissdrunk at 11 in the evening are countless. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2004, 05:25 PM   #28
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

England, [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Southeast, Essex. Spent all my life in england, although I'm half english, half asian and that's all I'm saying [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 10-30-2004, 05:55 PM   #29
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Jaradu you've made my day with your self mockery... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Don't worry I live in Lancashire, we've plenty of stereo types. I Actually live quite close to liverpool (GOD NO! I dont have a scouse accent, so dont ask, that'd be hell [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), and liverpool is the biggest stereotype area in all england.
[/QUOTE]Aw, darn it. I've always wanted to speak to a scouser. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hmm... Lancashire... don't you have those funny policemen with those accents that make them sound like they're on a crumpet advert, along with leg-bending action? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Oh, and one thing has been bugging me - how do you pronounce your username? [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Is the "Beau" bit as in "Beautiful", or pronounced as "Bow?" And "manoir" - 'man-wah' or 'man-or?'
Old 10-30-2004, 06:28 PM   #30
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Heh.. I get the feeling us Dutchies will soon outnumber all other nationalities here on Ironworks. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Although when that happens, I'm sure half of our acounts will mysteriously vanish. Did you guys know that when the EU constitution is ratified, we also become Citizens of the European Union. (I'll leave the cynical comments here to Johnny) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-30-2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]