Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 06:25 AM   #1
dplax
Jack Burton

Abbot Lorenso Paolo Jimenez was rarely nervous, and not many things were able to make him nervous. Yet the presence of the Inquisitor Fernando Fernandez de Labarita in his abbey was one of these things. The Inquisitor had arrived three months earlier and had investigated everyone in the abbey.

"I hope you found nothing out of order." - the abbot half-said half-asked of the Inquisitor.

"Nothing serious, which would warrant the interference of the Inquisition in the affairs of this abbey. I have however prepared you a list of the minor offences my investigations have found." - he handed the parchment to the abbot, who took it and pocketed it for later reading.

"How much longer shall you stay with us brother Fernando?" - the abbot asked, hoping the Inquisitor would leave very soon. Not that Lorenso Paolo had anything to hide, but he had heard stories of Inquisitors being capable of finding accusatory information on anyone. He did not want to be one of those.

"As soon as my servants have finished packing, I shall be ready to leave, my dear abbot." - he stood and left the abbot's quarters.

The abbot sighed and took the Inquisitor's list from where he had put it. Mostly there were only minor offences on the list, but one brother had been seen with one of the servant girls (nothing could be confirmed). Lorenso Paolo sighed. He would have to talk with that brother to ascertain the trueness or falseness of that line on the parchment, and to show the Inquisitor that he was going to act on the information given to him. He knew that he was also being observed, and that his activities would also be in the report sent back to the Inquisition.

OOC: If anyone wants to be the brother who had been seen with the servant girl then feel free to be him. You can also use the abbot in your posts if needed (he is a pretty straightforward, devout leader of the abbey), however I ask you not to use the Inquisitor as he is currently in his own quarters packing.

[ 07-10-2005, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:58 AM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

OOC I'd be happy to be the brother with the sister

IC: Brother Bernhard arose from his morning devotional, stood and stretched feeling aching joints pop, he had always been active, but it was beginning to catch up with him, not that he really minded, it provided ample conversation, and a few of the serving girls would make time to massage his "aching joints" a benefit he certainly wouldn't complain about.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:11 PM   #3
dplax
Jack Burton

"Brother Bernhard! I'd appreciate if you walked with me." - the abbot said having spotted Bernhard just outside his room.

Brother Bernhard looking slightly surprised followed the abbot.

Deep inside I think he might fear that I have found out the truth. Little does he know that I have known for the last year, but such small vices if they are well hidden are better left untouched. I'll have to caution him to stay away from the servant girl until the Inquisitor leaves. - the abbot thought to himself.

"Lovely weather we have this spring. We're but in April and you would think from the temperature that we are already in July."

They arrived to the abbey gates and Lorenso Paolo led Brother Bernhard out of them and towards the edge of the cliffs on top of which the abbey was nestled.

"You must be wondering why I have asked you to come with me here."

The abbot glanced at Bernhard, but saw no reaction on his face.

Good. He then knows what is coming and is ready to repair the damage.

They reached the edge of the cliff and abbot Jimenez pointed at the small village far below.

"In Fereniga down there people live full lives. They are born, they grow up, from a young age they toil in the fields. They love, they make a family of their own, and eventually they die. We, here in the abbey live a lesser life. We come here, already grown, and die here. And inbetween love is denied to us, as are the bodily pleasures those who do not serve God, can indulge in."

The abbot turned his back on the scene below.

"Some of us in the abbey have more difficulty in putting our worldly lives behind us. I remember, when I first was sent to the abbey, as a young boy, I had looked with desire upon those servants, who were of the opposite sex. But my faith carried me through those times."

A cloud appeared on the horizon behind the abbot.

"Brother Bernhard. Your ways diverged from those I had followed. I ask you to restrain yourself while the Inquisitor is here. You shall have to face your guilty conscience yourself, but I am not going to punish you."

His conscience shall punish him enough, and if I have judged him right, then he shall come out stronger out of all this.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Brother Snatiago had been up for quite some time. He was cleaning the floors and polishing ornaments, lighting candles, preparing the alter for the prayer service later in the day. Brother Santiago traversed to the well in the courtyard. He used the experience of pushing up water for his daily bathing as a chance to wake himself up. He overturned the bucket full to the brim with water over his head, and let gravity do the rest.

Some of the elder monks scoffed at Santiago's actions, but he made no note of them. He cared not.

"The start of a good day."

Santiago brought up another bucket-full of cold water, with the elders watching him scornfully. He brought the bucket into his sparse room, and bathed.
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #5
dplax
Jack Burton

Rumors going around the abbey spoke of something horrible. A murder.

As everyone rushed to the scene they were met by a shocking sight. Abbot Lorenso Paolo de Jimenez had been brutally killed. The chair used to smash his head with lay in bloody pieces next to his body. Presently the Inquisitor arrived on the scene.

"This is the work of the devil! I, Fernando Fernandez de Labarita by the right given to me by the Holy Father assume control over this abbey as long as this situation isn't clarified. No one is to leave or enter the abbey. During the day I shall be interviewing each and every one of you, and from what I learn during the day one of you shall be put to the test at nightfall."

OOC: It is now dayphase. Phase ends on Saturday night my time (that is in about three days time). Bring on the accusations.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:16 PM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

Milagro Abejundio Ciro Devante

He bowed his head in respect and fear of the man when it came his turn to talk. Abe tried to cooperate as best he could, and in doing so said more than he should, bringing one of the monks in trouble.

"Don Inquisitor de Labarita," he began, "The bees have been upset all day yesterday, it is as if they felt this devil's presence looming over the holy father's house long before any of His servants could. I do not speak with beasts, as such a gift is no gift of the heavens, but I have committed a sin in not telling you sooner that we might have been prepared for such a horrendous happening.
"And there is another thing I have not yet told you, for in my ignorance I did not think it important. Yesterday, I have seen our abbot, may he rest peacefully, walk the gardens with brother Bernhard. I did not hear their conversation for I was pruning the rose bushes over there, but it seemed grave, don inquisitor. I am guessing that brother will answer your questions about the terrible murder that took place."
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:48 PM   #7
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Lamort nervously chews on an apple as he looks at the Abbot's corpse before turning to the Inquisitor, "Who could have done a thing like this? You don't think it was one of us surely? It could have been... an... intruder, or a thief who was interrupted. I have known most of these men my whole life, none of them would stoop to this."
shadowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Brother Bernhard nodded absently as the abbot spoke, his... indescretions had not been as well hidden as he had assumed, but he trusted the abbot that his private chastisement would remain so. With the abbot's murder he knew his secret was safe, although definitely suspicious. All men had their vices, he had seen Lamort dip a bit too deeply in his cups quite frequently, and Devante, well everyone knew he had a violent temper. As he hurried to the scene of the murder he ran through a list of people who might have cause for such evil, unfortunately everyone was a suspect, including the inquisitor...

[ 07-14-2005, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:40 PM   #9
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Santiago exited the shrine, bewildered, as no one had come to the afternoon service. He walked out of the shrine, peeved that he had prepared for the service which no one came for.

One of the servant girls ran by him, turned the corner, and shrieked. Santiago walked towards what seemed to be a big scene. He saw the aboot hugging the ground in a pool of bile and blood. The first thing that came to mind was the outsider. Santiago thought of his somewhat shifty ways, and nurtured a prejudice towards Brother Bernhard. He realized his sinful thinking, and looked for someone to confess to. The abbot was the only one Santiago would've confessed to. Evil thought now lurk in his mind, whether for good or for worse...
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #10
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"If you ask me Brother Bernhard is the most suspicious, its obvious he has been trying to hide something and I dont trust him!"

OOC: Well someone has to start things off, I vote for Brother Bernhard (Morgeruat) to be lynched
shadowhound is offline   Reply With Quote