Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2001, 08:58 PM   #11
Ratweed
Manshoon

Im beat firkrag with no cheese at all i had my kensia with celistial furyandkatana 1+ um keldorn with his usual equipment arie with some mediocore equipment mincs with the lilicore and yoshimo with shadow dragon armor with some crap weapons i used kia and had keldorn cast dispel magic ability and my kensia just slapped him around after that wuth a lil help with mincs that was my happiest time in that game
Old 05-29-2001, 11:34 PM   #12
Pennance
The Magister

Here's the ultimate cheesey tactic that I used to kill all 3 Dragons.

Full frontal assualt to draw fire, then have my hero and Imoen cast Lower Resistance.

Icing on the cake = Finger of Death by Viconia.

It worked every time. Is that cheesey or what!?
Old 05-30-2001, 07:14 AM   #13
Vampire

no offence...but big deal!
It's not that hard! Just atch out for Dragon breath
Old 05-30-2001, 07:14 AM   #14
Vampire

I didn't get damaged at all from the last two battles against Irenicus!
Old 05-30-2001, 07:38 AM   #15
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

First of all, why criticise Carston, he figured out a way to kill a dragon on his own, without recurse to the board, so he deserves praise for that, so fair play, well done etc.

Secondly, I'm tired of people saying that such and such a tactic is 'cheese'. Apparently, these people are only happy if you mindlessly wonder up and thump a dragon, which is stupid, stupid as - dare I say it? - cheese. Magic is there to help, if a monster has high magic resistance, there is nothing wrong in using tactics to get round this (is it wrong when a lich casts timestop or imprisonment, even on a a monk with a 100% resistance..?). It seems the only people who complain are the hack and slash variety.

Finally, if its wrong to use magic missile etc, but fine to use Crom faeyr (which makes the weediest character look like a juggernaut from hell) then paint me grey and give me some whiskers and a tail, 'cos I love cheese, me.
Old 05-30-2001, 07:50 AM   #16
Carson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the support DonkeyWan! but i can't help but think what kind of strategies will arrise when TOB comes out... they're obviously going to upgrade the AI for the dragons...
Old 05-30-2001, 11:59 AM   #17
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

sure, but hack and slash won't be the only way to go, I believe magic use is creative not cheese....
Old 05-30-2001, 02:16 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

My lowlevel party (my pc was highest at 11, I think)did in Firkraag in CH2 with hack and slash (Keldorn had Carsomyr) and yes, some spells! YOU go out and fight a dragon with six people and not use everything at your disposal! LOL...but we didn't cast area spells and run out...we used lower resistance, breach, magic missle etc. Minsc died, then just as Keldorn dies, Big Red keels over and I was a hair's breadth from re-loading! Anomen and Jaheira revived my dead warriors and off we went to try and rest someplace...not easy down there!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-30-2001).]
Old 05-30-2001, 02:23 PM   #19
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

Actually, the only thing I heard about Dragon AI being upgraded is that they are goign to go hostile if you attempt to cast/set snares anything. I am sure that using magic resistance as an offensive spell will still be a valid tactics. So, now the strategy wil be: do spellup before you enter the layer, as soon as you enter, cast magic resistance with cleric, breach with mage and all out attack with everybody else. or somthing
Old 05-30-2001, 08:00 PM   #20
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

They will also use wing buffet to dispel cloud effects.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!