Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2002, 04:12 PM   #1
Amazonian Queen
Welcomed New User

OK, I have completed all the quests (kill beholder, get gnome helm, agree to kill Saulefein but told him instead, went back to Phaere and she gave me the fake dragon eggs to swap) I then went to the temple to swap the eggs where Saulefein teleports in and gives me another set of dragon eggs to give to Phaere. When I try to use stealth or sanctuary as soon as I open the door the egg guards turn red. Is there a way to get the door open without alerting the guards or do I just have to kill everyone in Drow City because if I fight the egg guards everyone else turns red inside and outside the temple. What do I do?
Amazonian Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 04:25 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Just force attack them. There's no way to get around them sensing you, so attack them (they're evil, so no rep loss). Also, if you force attack them, they won't alert everyone else.
Old 09-08-2002, 04:29 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Welcome to IWF!

Do you have all the latest patches and fix packs installed? If not, I'm sure someone will post links here.. I don't have them on this computer.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 04:43 PM   #4
Amazonian Queen
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the info. I have all the patches I think. I opted not to go with the patch for xpcap as I have ToB loaded. I just got stuck in this one place. I am running a mage/human/female level 20 (two level nine spells) neutral good. I was thinking of dual classing her to cleric. She would then be able to wear armor while casting spells. What do you think? I will be importing her to NWN later.

Party: Human ranger - Minsc (NPC) chaotic good
Human paladin- Keldorn(NPC)lawful good
Human thief/mage - Imoen(NPC)neutral good
Human fighter/cleric - ANomen(NPC)neutral good
Teefling Blade - Haer Dalis'(NPC) chaotic neutral
Amazonian Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 05:28 PM   #5
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Amazonian Queen:
Thanks for the info. I have all the patches I think. I opted not to go with the patch for xpcap as I have ToB loaded. I just got stuck in this one place. I am running a mage/human/female level 20 (two level nine spells) neutral good. I was thinking of dual classing her to cleric. She would then be able to wear armor while casting spells. What do you think? I will be importing her to NWN later.

First of all mages can't cast ANY spells while wearing armor and it would be a waste to dual at this level. Second you can't import BG people to NWN.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:31 PM   #6
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Amazonian Queen:

First of all mages can't cast ANY spells while wearing armor and it would be a waste to dual at this level. Second you can't import BG people to NWN.