Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1290

Take a look at this mod, and make sure to check the screen shots. I swear, it looks like it's for gold farmers who dont' want to piss people off by rolling "need" all the time. Can someone Identify the UI language for me?? (See screen shots).
Old 01-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It's really for clueless noobs. No one need a mod to tell them if an item is good or not... He's actually suggesting rolling on crap too. That sheet he recommend in a screenshot is a blacksmithing recipe that's pretty worthless.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I do think it is a well-intentioned mod for clueless people. Chinese or something, for the majority of non-farmers from there I imagine. Pointless though, especially since many groups set loot rules from the start and they can vary according to anything.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, most groups I've been in follow the need/greed method. In fact, I've only grouped 2 or 3 times when it wasn't used. It's exceedingly fair if played appropriately. For any engineer that didn't have that recipe, for instance, it would be worth "needing." I will pick up lowbie enchants and tailorings if I don't have them just to complete my recipe book -- I'll even shop them at the AH.

I think the mod would be a decent mod -- but the fact that it works to keep groups from getting pissed at you for being a ninja, and is written in what appears to be Chinese, I found it extremely.... coincidental.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Meh, I use the built in, in game mechanism for N/G. It works, every group I'be been it does it, and I've had no troubles.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:26 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

The language is chinese. Tne mod doesn't tell you the stat of the item, it just tell you to roll or not to roll.

edit : forget that, the mod does tell you the stat.

[ 01-11-2006, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, the game itself will tell you the stats, and if you're running without auctioneer/enchantrix then shame on you. What you need to know though are things like "do I know that recipe alread?"
Old 01-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I'm running without auctioneer/enchantrix. So shame on me? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

If you have played this game for some time and spend some time in AH or trade channels. You should be able to know the price of an item already without the need of a mod.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 07:18 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Aye, I've never used either myself. I'm familiar with all professions though and have worked the AH for long enough that I know what to charge for what and how to get it sold.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:02 AM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
For any engineer that didn't have that recipe, for instance, it would be worth "needing."
Any recipe you don't have is worth needing, but not worth ninjaing, and that's the goal of that program. You don't ruin your name over a 3 gold item...

Even ninjaing a blue item would pretty sad.