Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2002, 02:25 PM   #1
Saoric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER (?)

I believe this is a bit of a stupid question, since I never found info about it in item banks and the like, but anyway, it's been keeping me thinking for a long time.

In the basement of the Duchal Palace is the city treasure, magically locked. Is it possible to gain acces to the treasure in any way (high pick locks - high bashing - magic - ...)?

It's highly unlikely, but you never know... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2002, 03:27 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Not as far as I know, but it'd be an entertaining addition to the game. I wonder how the plot'd evolve if you took all the city's gold and noone could pay the soldiers [img]smile.gif[/img]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 08:32 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It was a long time ago, but I recall that there wasn't a damn thing I could do to open that chest in straight BG1. Not even Knock worked. Then I installed ToSC and watched it yield to regular Lock Picking.

(Try it again--and don't let your Lockpick score exceed 250%.)
Old 09-13-2002, 08:10 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

Okay, I was wrong [img]smile.gif[/img] You actually can loot the treasury in the palace. I did so myself with my main character, a level 8 thief with at least 100% lockpick. Nothing about magic wards or anything, just regular locks.
Not that there is a lot to steal, the duchy must've had a hard time. There's somewhat over 1000 gold and some jewels which, together, are worth a lot more, a large shield +1, and some other not that special items.

And stealing all the treasure has no effect on anything but your inventory and gold amount, so don't expect too much
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote