Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-05-2002, 06:24 PM   #1
Rolper
Dungeon Master

As a BGI & II & II & IWD ToL etc. .... I just got in the habit of marking the trail. The manual calls them "way Points". Just select your next point (usually a place where there turns or turn options) and SHIFT+LClick and they go there! You can set as many as you want. Use the map to find the points, set'em and go get coffee. When you come back they'll be ready and complaining.
Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 11:04 AM   #2
Rolper
Dungeon Master

A small apolgy.. I could NOT find this in either the IWD or HoW manuals, I must have gotten it from one of the BG ones... sorry about the little manual dig.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:33 PM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

Rolper,

Are you sure you could do this in IWD? I have used this type of technique in Warcraft I/II and in Age of Empires; and tried it in IWD after reading your post. But it seems as though my party ignores the intermediate waypoints.

I wonder if I need HoW installed in order for this to work (now there's ANOTHER reason to get that puppy out of my book bag and into the CD drive)....
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 10:47 AM   #4
Rolper
Dungeon Master

Yeah, it works. I have no patience with getting stuck, so use it as a matter of course. Select any or all char., select spot, left-click while holding down the shift key. Only selected char. will do the move.