Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 11:31 AM   #1
Shangoman
Dungeon Master

Ok I've had it with than damn registration annoyance. Really what does registering do beside give those bastards stats to sent you junk mail? I ignored, yes in clicked the forfeit button, and I figured it would go away after awhile. It didn't. Hell I have finished the game once already and the stupid thing is still there. It is almost enough to make me never buy another black isle/bioware/interplay title again, ALMOST. Anyway I'm sick of the F##KIN thing so I tried to register sending the bastards alittle piece of the what for. The sh#tty thing does not recognize my DSL connection. I even tried senting a legit registration, thinking it was a protection mechanism against folks like me, folks that like the right to register or not and not be harassed. Hell is this or is this not America, land of the the free. It's probably that damn Canadian company BioWare. Anyway, does anyone know how to get rid of the damn thing. Man I'm .
Old 06-16-2001, 11:38 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just ignore it. What's the big deal?

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 11:43 AM   #3
Shadow
Manshoon

After a few times of forfeiting, it gabve me an option to stop it by giving my area code. It stopped.

------------------
The Black Killer
Old 06-16-2001, 01:52 PM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

it told me to put in "123" and it stoped

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 06-16-2001, 02:08 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

Shangoman!

i agree with you. i abhor it also. *frowns* especially since i registered it fresh out of the box. but because of problems with installations, reformats, etc over time, it nags me constantly.
it happens with both bg2 and iwd/how, and it makes me totally crazy.

create a new folder named bg2 reg.
take your "e-reg" folder from the main bg2 directory and move it there.
that's it.

it's there, in case the world ends and that's the one thing you want to take with you. *lol* it doesn't interfere with anything, except you never have to deal with it again.

*sighs happily*
no more frustration or annoyance.
*relaxed and smiling again*

V***V

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-16-2001).]