Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2001, 06:27 AM   #31
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Hiya Mel - keep smiling (when you can ). The world needs it's sultry elflets

Oh, and as for where my life is going, I will let you know just as soon as I decide on exactly which form my mid-life crisis is going to take

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 07:18 AM   #32
skywalker
Banned User

Downhill at the moment, and it's a wild ride for sure!

Mark
Old 09-08-2001, 11:26 AM   #33
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
no, you are not intruding.
I came to the stats when I was 16, and I spent 2 yers in high school at CA. then I went to Washington University in St.Louis, and currently buying a degree.. (ohh no... just kidding everyone)

I just had to say LMAO 250! That was a good one!

Mark, I was going to say down the toilet but you kind of beat me too it.
I would have been joking anyway.
I've seen my life go in many directions from around in cirles to downhill at frightening speeds but for the last 15 years it has taken a steady and peaceful course toward peace, contentment and happiness.
I am currently buying a degree myself and plan on teaching elementary school. A job that will not only be very personally rewarding since I think kids are the greatest, but one that will offer comfortable wages and good retirement benefits.
I hear a lot here and there about how teachers are the worst paid as professionals. It really all depends on where you teach and what kind of community you are teaching in.
There are wonderful schools here and the teachers that I know do not live poor nor do they have what you could describe as a "middle class" existence. They live very comfortably, (with dual incomes) in expensive houses and own expensive cars.
This is not what I will be doing with my paychecks however. I don't mind living in this modest (but beautiful) cottage-type house or driving a car that is older than my favorite pair of boots (lol) but if my attitude changes later on (which I doubt it will) I will be able to *cough* show society my worth through more expensive material goods *cough* *choke* LOL.
I'll more than likely remain on this same track for a while, learning as much as I can about maintaining inner peace and happiness, developing a good relationship with the rest of the universe until I die with a smile on my face. This existence is wonderful and one I thought I'd never have the pleasure of enjoying to its fullest extent. I'm glad I made it this far and look forward to what each new day is going to bring me.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-08-2001, 11:45 AM   #34
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Where do I see my life going? Hmmmmm.... That's a tough one, somewhere up ahead I suspect, though how far I cannot say, where I'd prefer to see my life going would be somewhere in the computer game industry, even if it was a job that didn't pay much, just for the opportunity to influence the games that are created and to create something nice for other people to enjoy.
Old 09-08-2001, 09:24 PM   #35
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hard to tell... too young to say accurately, but id hafta say that i see myself graduating from a prestigeous college, becoming a great writer, and making money from that. im not sure how im gonna end up as a socail person, but as its going it seems like ill end up a lonely old man (hoping to change this soon). either that, or be committed to an insane asylum for my rants and emotional breakdowns, and possibly a public explosion (hopefully a clock tower isnt involved in any of the above).

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-09-2001, 09:23 AM   #36
Vampire

Your English is frightfully good 250!

------------------
Old 09-09-2001, 10:16 AM   #37
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I will be able to *cough* show society my worth through more expensive material goods *cough* *choke* LOL.
AARGH!! The next victim of the dreaded INTERNET COUGH!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good life to me, Moni.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-09-2001, 12:04 PM   #38
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
AARGH!! The next victim of the dreaded INTERNET COUGH!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good life to me, Moni.
Yeah that cough thing comes in pretty handy doesn't it?
It is a great life, Kaz! Thank you! I love every minute of it.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-09-2001).]

Old 09-09-2001, 12:37 PM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Revolution, then build a better society.
(at the risk of being political - oh, perhaps this should go in a serious discussion forum - oh but then someone else may not want to be serious in this thread, what a dilemma. But then again, someone could flame me for not being un-serious enough.... )

ACK! SERIOUS ALERT! Oh my fuzzy ears and whiskers A serious comment.. ACK! Flame her , flame her.. oh wait.. it's a joke...or is it? It is...yessssssss my precioussssssessss it is a funny...get out the firehose she's flamed now! Ack! Rescue Epona!

Ahem...I'd plead drugs or alcohol but am under the influence of neither. Hmmm.. so, it's got to be the diet Coke! Yah... must be!

Hi Epona! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and maybe you know where your life is going again after hanging out in sunny Italy!

As for me... I used to think I was just going to nicely coast along at my present speed in a direction I've long been headed and pretty much on my own. Then I met someone online who is pretty much turning things upside down but once the dust settles, I suspect things will be moving at a slightly faster clip and in a somewhat similar direction, but with added zest and a few worthwhile detours.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-09-2001, 12:42 PM   #40
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Jerome will be more than happy to amble on through life in the nice relaxed way he always had.

"The poor desire riches, the rich desire fufillment, but the wise.... the wise desire tranquility." -Me

All I want is peace.

*whistles and strolls of towards the sunset*

------------------