Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-11-2001, 11:31 AM   #11
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Vicotnik:
I have thought about things like this and they do sound intriguing (sic). Is the universe neverending? I think nothing is, so, then what lies on "the other side"? The human brain can't possibly fathom these kind of data and come up with some intellectual answer, just as we can't think in 3D. This is to huge for anyone to think up, we have to see it. I just doubt anyone of us will live to do just that.

The answer is quite simple really. We live in Entropy. We exist in that which does not exist. Our lives are but a stretch upon an infinite mobius strip. What you curtail as today is really our yesterday's and tomorrow's given existence. As for the belief that there are multiple universes and/or duplicate alternate realities, how can we not believe such possibilities when we can see shadows of the past that echo their existence. What really is the dream state? It is an expansion of our mortal shells. Where do we go when we dream? We go everywhere and nowhere, because that which is real to us, is illusory to another and that which we believe to be surreal is in fact in our realm of existence. To think in 3D, you first have to be able to "see" in 3D. To see in 3D, you first must be able to believe in 3D. I know a lot about the latter. I have grown most of my life without the benefit of depth perception. What you take as a casual thought, is a grand task for me. But once I began to understand the building blocks of understanding that would create a 3 dimensional world, I began to understand that there is much more than this. Our perception of a galaxy that is never ending is in reality a myth. We exist in a mobius strip. A mobius strip that is moving. Surely it can be understood that as we move forward, we leave a shadow of where we have been. That is what we see. We try to encompass this belief in a realm of understanding. It can not be understood. A mobius strip defies a 3 dimensional belief. What we see as our tomorrow is really our yesterday. There are some people that have this understanding normally. People that can see our tomorrows, because they remember our yesterdays. We call them psychic. Really, they are just more in tune with nature. Listen to the Earth. She is screaming out to us for us to listen. She knows what lies ahead because she has seen what we have left behind.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-11-2001, 11:45 AM   #12
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

An interesting 'dimensional' variety.

The 1st dimension is a line
The 2nd dimension is a plane or two lines connected at all points
The 3rd dimension is a solid object or two planes connected at all points
The 4th dimension we are unable to produce but researchers know from the formation of the other dimensions that it is two solid objects that are connected at all points. It is the belief of researchers that this 4th dimension is time and if we are able to 'physically' produce a copy of the 4th dimension we will be able to 'time travel'........very intriguing

------------------
Old 03-11-2001, 11:51 AM   #13
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
An interesting 'dimensional' variety.

The 1st dimension is a line
The 2nd dimension is a plane or two lines connected at all points
The 3rd dimension is a solid object or two planes connected at all points
The 4th dimension we are unable to produce but researchers know from the formation of the other dimensions that it is two solid objects that are connected at all points. It is the belief of researchers that this 4th dimension is time and if we are able to 'physically' produce a copy of the 4th dimension we will be able to 'time travel'........very intriguing

It is my belief that we will not be able to physically create a copy of the 4th dimension with the tools that we have at our disposal. It is my belief that we will only be able to use the 4th dimension when we learn to utilize the 6th dimension. That of the mind. Of course, if we can learn to bend space, the 5th dimension as it relates to extrapolating and incorporating a 3 dimensional space along a 2nd dimensional existence given over period of time in relation to both of those existences before they no longer exist, we can "simulate" a 4th dimensional appearance. All of this is well beyond the realm of current existence though. It will be many millenia before we will advance to this state of being. Or should I say regress back to this state as we are travelling along the 6th dimension even as I type.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-11-2001, 11:58 AM   #14
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Tobbin-- You are like on a totally different plane of existance!

------------------
Old 03-11-2001, 12:21 PM   #15
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:

Tobbin-- You are like on a totally different plane of existance!

You'll be surprised at what watching a whole bunch of Star Trek as a toddler can do to a fellow. LOL

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-11-2001, 12:25 PM   #16
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

That and a little bit of Dr. Who!

------------------
Old 03-11-2001, 12:47 PM   #17
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Tobbin: No offense here, I've talked to alot of people about this and your answer is by far the most insightful and explanatory (in your way) that I've seen, so here's the question: Are you psychic, very well read in these matters or just drunk?

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-11-2001, 01:09 PM   #18
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Perhaps he is phychic? Tobbin, what am I thinking right now??? ps-what's the dealio about fixing my pic? I thought you did an excellent job considering the size I sent you!

------------------
Old 03-11-2001, 01:16 PM   #19
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

We are not alone. One of these days we are going to find another planet that has Sentient beings on it; maybe more advanced than us, maybe not. Actually either way
I kind of pity them. I have a friend who subscribes to the human virus theory. His
theory is that humans area virus that will slowly spread through out the universe,
slowly devouring everything in its wake. Pretty grim huh?

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Ten Rings there are, and nine gold torcs on the battlechiefs of old...
Old 03-11-2001, 02:11 PM   #20
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Perhaps he is phychic? Tobbin, what am I thinking right now??? ps-what's the dealio about fixing my pic? I thought you did an excellent job considering the size I sent you!

Well, although every once in awhile I can see something that comes to pass, I really don't believe I'm pyschic. Sometimes I see an event or person in a "daydream" that actually happens later. Usually, there is a time lapse of 2 years. Meaning that if I "see" this event today, it will occur 2 years to the day later on. The only catch with it is that I don't really "know" what is a daydream and what is a foreshadowing until the 2 year lapse has occured. I'm still waiting for my last one to either happen or not happen though. Oh, here is another little odd tidbit about me as well, I don't dream (or perhaps I should say don't remember dreaming.) Hmmmmmm. As for the pic, LadyZekke, I am a perfectionist and until I can tweak the picture in such a fashion as I am cofortable with it, I will keep working on it (I do that with other things as well, Never give up, Never surrender. )

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL