Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-24-2004, 08:54 AM   #11
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Thanks a bunch, you all! I think there's a lot of good advice here, and I hope to implement some of it...lol at you, Har'oloth.

I think I may have a bit of a talk with one of them...the other ones really don't seem to treat me that way, they just don't say anything when someone does, which can be accounted for with timidity....

As far as adjusting to college, though, I don't think I'm doing too poorly...I simply need to find a decent hangout spot, which I have yet (thus, fifteen miles of walking a day).

Again, thanks.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-24-2004, 11:21 AM   #12
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

There are a tone of groups you can get interested in to help jump start some new friendships. Find some you're interested in and see where that goes. Maybe your friends aren't good conversationalist and they do this because they can't hold a subject for long. Standing up to them is a good thing. Don't do it in a condecending manner but do it in a way you show respect for yourself and them. They are probably not doing this to put you down, if they are friends it's all comming from a good place.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:57 PM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sometimes, there's tremendous value in a good old F-U

However, remember that college is an opportunity to grow and expand, and you should really look at growing and expanding your circle of friends. Look to get involved in something at college, and see who else you might meet. Heck, a roommate is a good first step in that direction [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck, and remember... you've got plenty of friends to vent with here... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:21 AM   #14
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I'm certainly happy for that, Bungleau. I have been trying to be open and friendly, but not freakish about either around people, and hopefully, it'll get some success at some point....

Old 08-25-2004, 04:47 PM   #15
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, things are working out better now...though I shose a non-confrontational approach, because if they want to talk to me, maybe I'll talk back...Thank you all! You've helped more than you can know!