Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2001, 08:00 AM   #1
Arquetal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought Heart of Fury would really bring a challenge. We started with 1 level char., played the first 3 chapters, did How and ToL, came back to Kuldahar and in midgame we set the difficulty to HoF mode. But still, so easy!
We played a multiplayer game without using the pause button, but somewhere along the way our wizard had to go. So we ventured on with only 3 characters: A Elven Ranger, a human thief/fighter (10/..., a dwarven fighter/cleric.
And it was just like he said: Easy as goblin pie.

But I did like the thingy when you reached 30th level:

current level: 30
next level: Godhood

lol

------------------
If it is evil you seek, seek no further...
Arquetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 05:58 PM   #2
Axterix
Manshoon

Well, unless I'm mistaken, you can go into the ini file and rig it up so that you get the extra critters with the higher hp, saves, and thac0s but not the extra xp. Not sure if you can do that for HoF mode, but it should be doable for insane. It's a bit more difficult if your characters don't level like mad, as the extra levels nullifies most of the extra difficulty.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 09:35 AM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Arquetal: HoF mode is easy, huh? Well, what level were you? 3 chapeters in IWD and all of HoW and TLM? that must have made you very high level.

Axterix, what are you talking about?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 02:06 PM   #4
Axterix
Manshoon

Leafy, unless I'm mistaken, you can edit the setting file manually. Mind you, I haven't done it myself, but I've read quite a few posts on the BI board that refer to it.

In there, are settings for extra damage, hp, and xp for enemies. As such, you can adjust them indepentently. Up the critter hp, up the critter damage, but don't give yourself extra xp for it... and you end up facing the same tough critters with a party that is significantly lower level. This ends up removing the major thing that makes most of HoF mode as easy as non-HoF mode... your party level being so high.

Personally, I think difficulty should have been handled by 3 sliders... number of enemies, toughness of enemies, and xp.
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote