Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-07-2005, 08:05 PM   #11
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

hey, I watch that show...does this mean I can sue too?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Stupid. Nobody forces your eyes to watch anything on TV, if you see something that is grossing you out, you change the channel, walk away, etc. I've watched a lot of Fear Factors, and some have grossed me out too much LOL (the spider eating one comes to mind LOL) and when I saw what was in the trays that they had to eat, I changed the channel. I mean it's not like out of nowhere they come back from commercial and people are eating nasty crap, they always have a part where they all gather about and the host says what they have to eat, so plenty of time to just turn the channel. No doubt this guy is just trying to get money, and it is a huge waste of a court's time too when there are more legitimate cases pending.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-07-2005, 11:56 PM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

In the version of this article that appeared on... Yahoo, I think, the writer mentions that this "lawsuit" is four handwritten pages... not exactly what you'd expect from a good attorney, but what you'd expect from a miserable gump.

Not to offend miserable gumps throughout the world...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:00 PM   #14
Sythe
Ra

The "exotic" meals in Fear Factor are my favorite part in the show. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] For some reason though I never get the least bit disgusted (unless I am eating something) In fact I might want try something like that.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:17 PM   #15
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I can see the sense in it, I mean, they ate rats yet the viewer's stomachs were strong enough to watch insects, animal testicles, and smoothies made from maggots, cow eyes, and roaches being eaten. Yes, I can see how the rats got to them [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2005, 08:42 AM   #16
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

they ate rats?
that's too much though

i'm not saying this guy is doing the right thing, but i think this show should indeed be taught a lesson, and i don't know where their head office is, so therefore don't know where to throw my molitov, but i hope this guy causes them a little pain.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:04 AM   #17
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Stupid. Nobody forces your eyes to watch anything on TV, if you see something that is grossing you out, you change the channel, walk away, etc. I've watched a lot of Fear Factors, and some have grossed me out too much LOL (the spider eating one comes to mind LOL) and when I saw what was in the trays that they had to eat, I changed the channel. I mean it's not like out of nowhere they come back from commercial and people are eating nasty crap, they always have a part where they all gather about and the host says what they have to eat, so plenty of time to just turn the channel. No doubt this guy is just trying to get money, and it is a huge waste of a court's time too when there are more legitimate cases pending.
My thoughts exactly, LadyZ. The good news is that most "lawsuits" of this nature never actually "tie up" much court time. It is ridicilously frivolous and will only "tie up" as much time as it takes for the judge to throw it out of court.

My wife and like to watch Fear Factor ourselves, but we NEVER watch the "eating/drinking of something exceptionally gross and horrible" segment. However, in defense of the show, the man in charge for deciding what items will be on the "menu" for the contestants actuallys "tastes tests" every single product himself before having it put on the show.

Can you imagine THAT job???? I mean the contestants only have to eat ONE of the things on ONE episode, but this joker has to sample EVERYTHING on EVERY episode.

I also thought it was.....uhm...interesting..(to say the least)...that the defendent couldn't discuss the case unless it was a "paid interview". That actually makes me think this ENTIRE story is a sham. While it IS true that most people involved in a lawsuit are not at liberty to discuss the issues of the case until the lawsuit is settled, there are NEVER any "exceptions" placed on this "gag order". The party's in the case are not allowed to discuss the case AT ALL - PERIOD for ANY reason while the lawsuit is still pending. And often times the company being sued will demand that any "settlement" remain confidential as terms of the agreement.

This whole thing sounds like a sham to me.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:05 AM   #18
Link
Jack Burton

The show should be taught a lesson? How's that? I think it gives a perfect example of what makes the world go round today: money. And that people are willing enough to do stupid things to win an amount of money should actually be a wake-up call to society.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 01-09-2005, 01:50 PM   #19
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
The show should be taught a lesson? How's that? I think it gives a perfect example of what makes the world go round today: money. And that people are willing enough to do stupid things to win an amount of money should actually be a wake-up call to society.
I agree, Link. The appeal of the show is that it sells the idea that anybody could come on there and - if they can put their fear behind them - have a shot at winning $50,000 (a significant amount to the vast majority of Americans).

But if you look at the contestants themselves, they are hardly "average". They all have ripped bodies and fantastic figures. You don't see "Mr. Joe Average" on the show. The only deviation from this theme is the occasional "punk dude" thrown in add a bit of spice and change of scenery.

Out of ALL the episodes I've watched, I've only seen ONE where I honostly thought I would have a fair shot at completing all 3 stunts....mainly because it was one of the few episodes that had no "Eating Gross Stuff" segment.

Still, you're right that it should say something to us when people are willing to eat live earthworms and cave spiders (and those are some of the nicer options) just to win some money.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #20
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I don't care,
i hate it, it shouldn't exist because some things don't need to be to be "proved".
things like this should be sensored, like eating rats, i mean that's just f***ed up.
some things simply shouldn't be done.