Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 09:52 AM   #31
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Well, yes, I also live in a perfectly round house, so that nobody can sh#t in any corners !

Btw, Milord, maybe you can help me even further: I do want to extract the image of a certain creature (with background if that is possible !) from Bg II and then use it in my signature as an animated gif. So far I have only found out that Infinity Explorer won't do the job.

Thanks in advance !

LOL, well I'll see what I can do, but I'll need some more details, care to ellaborate?

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-04-2001, 09:54 AM   #32
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Uh, did I do that?

------------------
Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...
Old 04-04-2001, 09:58 AM   #33
Sir_Tainly

Right on IdiotRogue, you are now "sigful"

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-04-2001, 10:01 AM   #34
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
LOL, well I'll see what I can do, but I'll need some more details, care to ellaborate?

Thanks, but I would like to surprise the board a little and also like to learn how to do things like that myself. So if you could just give me some general instructions (which software to use, where to get it and such), I would be most thankful !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 04-04-2001, 10:06 AM   #35
Sir_Tainly

Well I used Infinity explorer to get these, and then rebuilt them in Macromedia Fireworks, so as to force infinite looping etc. If you extract the gifs using Inf Expl then break them into individual frames using Fireworks, you can edit the pics in a paint package, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, and then recombine them in Fireworks. Hope this helps.

If you're doing what I think good luck, I have thought about doing something like that, but I haven't got the patience.

If you want me to have a go at getting what you want email me, and I'll give it a try. I can keep a secret, so the rest of the board will still be surprised.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-04-2001, 10:30 AM   #36
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Being an absolute beginner at things like that, I have to say I feel a bit disheartened : What you described sounds a lot more complicated than I had hoped it to be. Are you saying one can use Infinty Explorer to extract images from saved games, because that would it take to include background,
wouldn't it ? But then again, you are right, for it to be animated I would have to extract many consecutive images ( that is basically what frames are, right ? You see, I am really still frighteningly ignorant at all of this. But I have played around a bit with Infinity Explorer) and join them back together again in a way and at a speed that would make it look "smooth". Maybe I will have to settle for either an animated gif out of the explorer without background or a standstill shot with background.

Macromedia Fireworks, I have to admit, I have never even heard of this program before ? Well, you probably did not think that my ignorance level was that
high !

Thanks !

------------------
So long !

Old 04-04-2001, 10:36 AM   #37
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Being an absolute beginner at things like that, I have to say I feel a bit disheartened : What you described sounds a lot more complicated than I had hoped it to be. Are you saying one can use Infinty Explorer to extract images from saved games, because that would it take to include background,
wouldn't it ? But then again, you are right, for it to be animated I would have to extract many consecutive images ( that is basically what frames are, right ? You see, I am really still frighteningly ignorant at all of this. But I have played around a bit with Infinity Explorer) and join them back together again in a way and at a speed that would make it look "smooth". Maybe I will have to settle for either an animated gif out of the explorer without background or a standstill shot with background.

Macromedia Fireworks, I have to admit, I have never even heard of this program before ? Well, you probably did not think that my ignorance level was that
high !

Thanks !

Well I think I need to explain something about how gifs are extracted, they are taken from the data files of the games, not from a "saved game" therefore only the monsters and some NPCs can be extracted. The models for player characters are also available, but they are strange colours. They are painted with proper colours when the program runs. This allows characters to have their clothes/hair's etc colour changed.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-04-2001, 10:54 AM   #38
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Well I think I need to explain something about how gifs are extracted, they are taken from the data files of the games, not from a "saved game" therefore only the monsters and some NPCs can be extracted. The models for player characters are also available, but they are strange colours. They are painted with proper colours when the program runs. This allows characters to have their clothes/hair's etc colour changed.

Thanks, that makes sense, it is more economical and also explains why the extracted gifs are without backgrounds. And yes, of course, the maps are rendered , thus static. Slowly, I think, I am getting to grasp some of the basics. So, to execute my plan, I would have to use an animated gif, set it up for an infinite looping and merge that somehow with a standstill background shot, those can be extracted from save games, I have seen that. But would that merger be possible technically, without using the game engine ?

Thanks for your help and patience !

------------------
So long !

Old 04-04-2001, 11:26 AM   #39
Sir_Tainly

Don't see why no, extract a back ground and place you gif on it. It would work but you'd need some expertese to merge the to pictures well. You'd actually be placing each frame on the background as you character/monster moved, - just like building a TV cartoon.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-05-2001, 06:34 AM   #40
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Man... that is a huge ammount of stuff!!
I ripped a few things out myself, but it looks like I didn't need to.
It sux a bit how you can't extract in game characters (ie. Gnome Illusionist), is there anyway of getting around this?

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF