Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 10:04 AM   #31
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Dragonmage, thats what me and my father tried to do with the Dune Miniseries. It took us all the way from 8-12 of solid non-stop Dune just to get to the ending scene where Paul kills Feyd
Not fun..there was so much talk that at one point or another my father and I were asleep..
Conclusion: Dont try to watch a miniseries at a whole long stretch. I'm beginning to find out why its called a miniseries and NOT an unedited movie..

And was the Battlefield Earth movie good? I heard that it sucked..
LOL!!! I wouldn't ever try to watch 10 hours straight!!! I tend to watch mini-series over a weekend. Or watch one tape, then take a break - watch another tape, take a break, etc. I wish someone would redo Battlefield Earth into a miniseries. I'm sure ppl out there liked the movie, but I just couldn't. I was irritated through the whole thing! They changed everything around and only really kept the characters names the same. If you've never read the book, you'll like the movie probably. If you read the book and liked it, you won't like the movie. I particularly did not like John Travolta as Terl. That would have been better played by an actor like the large, tall, HUGE black guy in The Green Mile (sorry, can't remember his name just now) or someone with the bearing of (or even him) Michael Dorn (Worf in Trek) or maybe even Vin Diesel (from Pitch Black, etc.). Travolta just didn't have the VOICE for Terl. He was so whiney and high-pitched. Anyway, enough ranting....

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 10:07 AM   #32
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I've heard that the movie Dune in particular is supposed to be very, very bad when you compare its plot with the book's plot. Anybody seen Dune? I haven't. I also generally avoid movies where I've read the book.

Which Dune movie do you mean? Do you mean the early one or the one from the year 2000, the one from the year 2000 is pretty well made, even though the early one had the sort of "Dirty-industrial-future" look to it which was pretty cool and gave the movie some atmosphere, I haven't read the book(But I plan to) so I can't tell you if there are many inconsistencies, but they're well made, even though the new one has one fault, almost EVERYONE(Except for the main characters) have large strange hats, the Emperor's Elite Sardaukar troops look cool, except for the fact that they all wear huge black hats that are bigger than their heads.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 10-05-2001).]