Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-24-2000, 02:24 PM   #1
PAC-MAN

Hey everybody,

I "was" a recovering gameaholic, you see, I took video games really seriously, to a point where I would actually stant outside a video game store hours before it opened if I knew a new game was coming out that day. Sounds silly I know but I lived in arcades and spent every dime on video game systems. I was a master of every game. Even "RadMobile". Then I quit cold turkey, my addiction actually cost me my wife and son. I realize how absurd this must all sound.

Well I'm back in the game, I haven't played any games since nintendo was a radical new idea. Games have come a long way, Baldurs Gate II is by far the coolest of all in this "new wave" revolution of gaming. Although I have a zillion questions for you masters of this exciting game, my first is this: Does anyone know where I could get a copy of
Q-BERT?

Old 11-24-2000, 03:16 PM   #2
Rikard

{color=ACDCFC]Q-BERT????????

Old 11-24-2000, 03:21 PM   #3
profocy

ah yes, Q-Bert, how could we ever forget? It's too bad that gaming ruined your life before, but hey, let bygons be bygons i say! (is that bigons, or bygons? .........whatever). Games certainly have come a long way since 8-bit nintendo. Baldur's Gate 2 must a huge first step for ya huh? Well I think i speak for most of us when I say welcome back to gaming and you couldnt have picked a better game to start with!
dont worry, baldur's gate will become your new life! hehe

Old 11-24-2000, 05:59 PM   #4
PAC-MAN

Yes "Q-BERT" Rikard, where were you in 1986? Great year for games. Thank you Profocy for the welcome, and you are correct sir, Baldurs Gate 2 is many a kilometer different from 8 bit nintendo. A little intence this game is. That seems to be the style of games now, intence. I find myself often yelling in suprise and/or shock when the game I am playing suddenly throws something at me in which I did not see coming. My neighbors must think me crazy! LOL!
That kinda stuff seldomly happened during "PONG". ah, memories.

Old 11-24-2000, 06:47 PM   #5
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

I have seen web-sites dedicated to offering free downloads of emulated arcade games. I'd hunt around on the web. My pal had 1942 and pac-man to name a few. Just like the arcade versions circa. 1986 .
Old 11-24-2000, 08:33 PM   #6
Larry

Ok, it is my turn to brag...
I do not know where the sites are, but my friend at Microsoft has downloaded over 800 original arcade games, from both US and Japan, and compiled them all to one CD, that is what I call a priceless artifact...
I have one copy of 5 that exist in the world.

Old 11-26-2000, 07:33 PM   #7
PAC-MAN

Thanks for the tip Omegadawn, I will search for them on what you call the "World Wide Web". I'm actually getting the hang of cyber space, as a matter of fact I have mastered the mysterious "E-Mail", my greatest acomplishment since mastering "Space Invaders"!

Hey Larry, 800 games on one CD!!?? Extraordinary! I'd kill for five! Hell, I'd kill my ex-wife for a blank CD!.......anyway, thats really something. I'd keep that in a safe at night, that is priceless. But for me, the search for Q-Bert continues.