Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-25-2000, 08:50 AM   #1
Intuition

Single question: Keldorn or Minsc? (I'm emotionally attached to Minsc, but he just doesn't rock in my party, and if I sack him from my aprty, does he leave forever? Like Jaheira does?)

Old 11-25-2000, 09:29 AM   #2
Suul-Yinn

Keldorn is better by far as he can get a holy sword +5, only usable by Paladins, called Carsomyr, later on which also does extra damage to chaotic evil, 50% Magic resistance and some other stuff I forget! He can also cast true sight, dispel magic and detect/protect from evil. Minsc has a great voice though! Minsc usually waits at the Copper Coronet and I thought Jaheira went to the Harper's building? I am not sure as she has been in the party at all times except for parts of her story. Get her back as her insect spells are fantastic mage spoilers.

Old 11-25-2000, 09:33 AM   #3
LilKid

If you talk to Jaheira again near the Harper's building and don't accept her into your party, she will leave forever (oops, I made a booboo...) and I like minsc better than Keldorn, if nothing else for the stealth ability and the longbow, but those abilities aren't really convincing enough to ditch for Carsomyr, true sight, and level 20+ dispel magics... but I still use Minsc, because I like the NPC interaction...

Old 11-25-2000, 08:13 PM   #4
Armisael

I prefer Minsc over Keldorn. I don't like paladins. Never have, never will. Nothing to do with stats or abilities, I'm just against their lawful good doormat do-anything-your-leader-tells-you-to ways. I have to admit, Keldorn's personality is less irritating than most other paladins I've met, but I still let him go when he wants to spend time with his family. Minsc is always good for a laugh, has a good sword arm, great shot with a bow and can berserk, which is more than enough for me.

Old 11-25-2000, 08:45 PM   #5
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I kept both Minsc and Keldorn, though eventually I will let Keldorn go spend time with his family. I seem to be the only one around who used all of the Minscter's level up proficiency points to raise him to master in dual weilding +3 and +2 maces. He rocks big time with those. And with the Elven Court Bow and Bracers of Archery he can dish out good damage at range before mixing it up in CQB.
Old 11-26-2000, 09:40 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Actually one of the funniest things I heard Minsc say (not soundwise but in the dialog box) was when I dropped him and talked to him again at the Coronet. It's so hilarious! And no you don't lose him.