Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-26-2003, 11:39 AM   #1
how786
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,
When I am in combat, turn mode, and I choose an action for one of my party, is there any way to have the game move on to the next member of my party automatically?
It semes tedious that I have to manually click to choose the next eligible member in order to pick an action for him/her. I DO have 'auto-advance to next character' checked in the options menu.
What am I missing?
Thanks!
Howard
how786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 03:33 PM   #2
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

(I'm using pumpkins this time of yesr!)

I'm not sure about auto-advance as a check-off. The party seems to use initiative as the determining factor in combat. Also, the order you put your party in, the order you selected them in the very beginning, determines first battle initiative. After that, the natural initiative kicks in. I might be missing something here.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:29 PM   #3
sultan

hi how - if you are referring to your choice of actions for the next round, i know of the auto-advance option you have checked, but i've never used it myself, so i'm not sure how it works. perhaps only if you use the mouse-click menu, and not shortcut keys?
Old 10-27-2003, 11:58 AM   #4
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

There are two ways to enter your command. One is to click on the small icon next to the character, and select the action (i'm using this always). But i think you can also enter the action for the current character with the icons at the bottom of the screen. Maybe auto-advance works if you use these.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:43 PM   #5
sultan

wearboar - the third way is hotkeys (a for attack, m for magic, u for use, etc.), which i use almost exclusively. but of course, i mouse around to go from person to person...
Old 10-28-2003, 02:36 AM   #6
ferro287
Manshoon

The Autoadvance to next character should be called autoadvance to next red character. It just switches between those chars which don't yet have a valid choice for the battle round (red icon). Instead of mousing between chars, i'm preferring to use the number keys. That way you only need the mouse for m_agic and u_sage. I'd like to have keys there as well, but i haven't found any
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 05:42 AM   #7
how786
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all the replies.
Am I right that there are no 'hot keys' for spells?
Howard
how786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:47 AM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

If you mean, can you bind a specific key to a specific spell, the answer is No. All you can do is use the M (cast spell) and shift-M (cast last spell) commands.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 05:59 PM   #9
sultan

good tip, ferro! and welcome [img]smile.gif[/img]