Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2002, 03:58 PM   #1
how786
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,
How does one or CAN one regain CON after dying? I cannot find this in the manual.
It seems like all my saved games have lost a CON point.
Thnaks
How
how786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 05:23 PM   #2
Dragon-Killer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by how786:
Hi,
How does one or CAN one regain CON after dying? I cannot find this in the manual.
It seems like all my saved games have lost a CON point.
Thnaks
How

Welcome to the forum!
sorry but if you are talking about CONstitution, itīs very extrange cause you donīt lose it after dying!
Old 03-12-2002, 05:26 PM   #3
how786
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I DID lose a point of CONstitution after dying. Trust me.
Now, can I buy it back or regain it?
Old 03-12-2002, 05:32 PM   #4
Foo
Dungeon Master

You can't lose stats like CON, STR, WIS etc by dying. It's simply not in the rules!

SPOILERS

However, there are ways that you might lose a point of CON-did you give it up in the Slayer dream (where you have to sacrifice part of yourself to enter the library in 'Candlekeep')? Did your familiar die?

If, in fact, you did lose a point of CON, you cannot get it back...unless you use the machine in Watcher's keep.
Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 05:40 PM   #5
how786
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Duh....why argue. I lost a point of CON.
I died to a trap early in the game and my CON dropped 1 point.
why debate it and say it cannot occur. It DID occur!!
I have not even gotten out of the original dungeon.
Old 03-12-2002, 05:58 PM   #6
Siffuge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

They are argueing because unless its due to some sort of bug or somthing like that, then it can't happen and it seems it has only happend to you, Try harder to remember if any of that stuff that foo said happend, and i think there are a few other ways u can lose stat points permanently too but i cant really think right now so i can't remember them, but if you need it back that badly you can find the formulas for lum's machine in watchers keep and get one point added to all of your stats permenently if you have ToB, other than that i think yer only other option would be shadowkeeper.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:10 PM   #7
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

Is your CON value Red or otherwise different then the rest of your statistics. If it is then your values have been drained, and I am not sure how to get this back as usually is just temporary.

Otherwise make shadowkeeper your friend because it's all that's left.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:14 PM   #8
how786
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes. The value shows up RED. What is wierd is that it appears in all my earlier saved games, too.
Thanks,
how
Old 03-12-2002, 08:38 PM   #9
Mossy
Dungeon Master

Since it's RED you've either been cursed or drained. Try removing pieces of equipment one at a time, if you find a piece that can't be removed then you're cursed and need a remove curse spell. If all you're equipment checks out OK then try getting healed at a temple. Is your difficulty set on Core Rules? I don't think this would make a difference but PnP rules say you lose 1 point of Con. each time you're resurrected, but I didn't think that was put in the game.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 07:55 PM   #10
Deathcow
Elminster

wait wait wait...your game ends when you die, forcing you to reload, so there is no way that that could have been the problem

are you a mage, and did you have a familiar? i think this is the ONLY possible way to have your CON drained in Irenicus' dungeon...
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote