Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 12:00 AM   #1
WarrGrinn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Excerpts from the Diary of Lokkus, Chief Historian, Higardi Empire.

"In retrospect it seems perposterous that such a simple thing as a pane of reflective glass can bring about the end of an Empire.....

It all started in the name of History...my desire to know, to live, to breath and actually see what the books talked about. So I talked to Antone and Fuzzfas and we agreed to fashion a mirror that would allow me to see history as it happened one hundred years ago as fast or as slow as I wanted it too....

We were so full of pride at our creation...our wonderous window to the past...little did we realize a flaw had crept into the glass and that not only were we the watchers but also the watched as well....

I first began to realize something was dreadfully wrong when the history I was seeing contradicted the books I had read in major ways...In the Mirror the Higardi Empire had actually made peace accords with the Trynnie and granted them land instead of allowing them the choice of joining the Empire or facing the Rapax hoards alone....The Goblin raiders that had plagued the Empire for so long from their lair in Gigas were not to be found in the mirror, nor were the meddlesome Assassins Guild to be seen anywhere....Only then did I realize that I was witnessing History as it COULD HAVE BEEN...not as it was...To my amazement I was witnessing another reality entirely...

To be such a witness to such events was more than I could ever have asked for...days went without sleep as I watched these other Higardi toil, live and die in ways different from my own. I watched Tramain grow old and weak instead of being the leader he was in the Council today, I watched Braffit close off the monestary and draw the faithful within instead of opening it up to the Monks of the Pale Moon and other faiths....And then I watched the being I came to know as the Savant enter the picture....

I watched as the Umpani and the T'Rang came to the other world and made themselves known and as the beings who would later defeat this Dark Savant crashed and began their journey to Ascension....

The feeling of being watched grew and I shrugged it off as too many nights without sleep...

Then Tramain mentioned over coffee the next day that a ship had crashed down near the monestary....there were no survivors...Travellers mentioned meeting beings calling themselves the Umpani and T'Rang...The Mook landed in our own spaceport and my dread began to make my heart thunder in my ears...it sounded almost like laughter...

Then the day came when the mirror showed naught but a face...The face of the Dark Savant...but not the one from the other realm but our own...he laughed as he thanked me for showing him how to correct his twins mistakes in his own conquest and search for the artifacts that would allow him to rule....I remember nothing between this time and when I awoke to see the mirror in shards before me and my own hands cut to ribbons...

My only hope is to combine my knowledge of dimensions and the magic of the Circle to allow me to pierce the walls of reality and summon those other heroes here to face our own Savant....

May the Spirits save us from my own pride and thirst for knowledge........"

Lokkus the Elder.....

AND THUS BEGINS YOUR ADVENTURE......

Deathstalkers Wizardry 8 Mod version 1.5 now available at Wolfie's wiz8 site.

http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie/
Old 04-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #2
WarrGrinn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is basicly the 'finished' product of my time modding the game.

Thanks as always goes to MadGod for creating his wonderous editor and his continuing support and updating of said editor...I, and other modders, could not have done this without him, he has allowed us to breath new life into an 'old favorite'. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thank you to Wolfie as well for hosting the mod and FlameStryke for allowing me to use some images from her mod (think I might actually try her mod now that I have some 'free' time, lol).

This update is much different from version 1.3 so Wolfie will be hosting v 1.3 for a little while longer for those who want to play it (there are much bigger monster mobs in it, I toned them down a bit in v1.5). So yes, a new game start is needed for the mod.

The game crash in 1.3 that is Lower Martins Bluff is fixed and as well the buggy items of the Darter Pipes, Dagger Grenade and Dart Grenade are replaced with new items that do not cause the 'eternal hangup' that the old items did with fumbles and Eye for an Eye flare ups. (anyone who really wants to finish this old mod with the Martins Bluff error fixed just send me an Email and I'll send you the fixed file, no restart of the game is needed..I'll be away this weekend but I'll have the fix by next Wed for any interested....)

Completely new spells have been added, as well as a few that will hit anything in their path (not just enemies, so be careful where you aim that spell.... ..)

New items as always have been added, new ways to uncurse items as well...new uses for the Divinity, Mythology and Alchemy skills as well....

Enjoy!!!

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, game diarys etc are more than welcome, just post here (with spoiler warnings if necessary) or email me.

Steve (Deathstalker)....
Old 04-22-2005, 10:11 PM   #3
how786
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmmm.....will saved games from the earlier version work?
How786
how786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:24 PM   #4
busta191
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Man this version is hard! I was in the monastary and had, at one point, 52 opponants. And that was on the novice setting, wonder what it is like on expert?
busta191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:39 AM   #5
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Are the any news about this mod ? 52 enemies in the monastery sounds interesting for me . After I finished the game easily with Flames Mod I'm searching for a greater challenge.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:10 PM   #6
progrocker69
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Light Bulb

I got this mod a week ago. I am just thrilled with it! My party is around level 13 right now and I can verify that there are some absolutely HUGE battles in this mod. Just wait until you first visit Arnika. Heh heh heh....

And further, let me add that you will need to spend a considerable amount of time skilling and leveling your party up, just to get anywhere. Many of the areas that were easy in the regular game will cause you to get annihilated now, and this is after some of the mini-bosses got nerfed from a previous version!

I've just about forgotten about EverQuest 2 for the time being, because I can't wait to see what happens next in this awesome mod.
progrocker69 is offline   Reply With Quote