Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2002, 06:17 PM   #1
bigblades
Elite Waterdeep Guard

PLayed the game and expansion twice through with my Half-orc kensai and my true class Cleric. BOth times, I was a nice guy. I finally decided to do this thing the evil way. I'm baffled. IF I want to be evil, I have to use the sissy NPC's. Only one evil NPC is a fighter, the rest are:Edwin, Haer-daelis, Viconia. Those guys are sissies when it comes to taking damage, and I only have one cleric!

Anyhow, Is there any way to COMPLETE the Krogan quest for the book? whenever I get to pimlico's its trashed and I get nothing.
Also, what is with Edwin taking the scroll I get in the graveyard dungeon, he simply says, "ahh, this is MINE" or something and I never see what the heck it is/does. Anyone know?
bigblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 08:08 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by bigblades:
PLayed the game and expansion twice through with my Half-orc kensai and my true class Cleric. BOth times, I was a nice guy. I finally decided to do this thing the evil way. I'm baffled. IF I want to be evil, I have to use the sissy NPC's. Only one evil NPC is a fighter, the rest are:Edwin, Haer-daelis, Viconia. Those guys are sissies when it comes to taking damage, and I only have one cleric!

Anyhow, Is there any way to COMPLETE the Krogan quest for the book? whenever I get to pimlico's its trashed and I get nothing.
Also, what is with Edwin taking the scroll I get in the graveyard dungeon, he simply says, "ahh, this is MINE" or something and I never see what the heck it is/does. Anyone know?

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Korgan's book quest: Pimlico's place is suppose to be trashed when you get there, when you are in that house with Korgan, he should initiate a dialogue. From there, go to the Slum District and go to the top (outside map, not in the inn) of the Copper Coronet and you will see what happens.
>
>
>
As for Edwin, he quest takes quite a bit of time to initiate, just keep him in the party and let the fun begin.
Old 01-29-2002, 08:33 PM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

The way I played my evil party was to have a 'core' group - in this case, Malvolio (an assassin, my character), Viconia, Edwin and Korgan. We then took on NPCs as and when we needed them for story reasons; Yoshimo hung around with us a lot, and we joined with Nalia, Keldorn, Jan, Mazzy, Valygar and Cernd when we needed to, on the principle that having an extra body to throw in the way of the swords of the bad guys is always handy and free, unpaid help is never to be sniffed at, even if the help is a goodie wuss.
Once the main story got underway, we kept Imoen on, as I decided to cop out and claim that Malvolio, despite being Chaotic Evil, still had a soft spot for his 'younger sister'. And, of course, once ToB kicked in, the party was completed by The Mystery NPC in ToB, and there was no stopping us.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:35 PM   #4
fable
Quintesson

I'm baffled. IF I want to be evil, I have to use the sissy NPC's. Only one evil NPC is a fighter, the rest are:Edwin, Haer-daelis, Viconia. Those guys are sissies when it comes to taking damage...

And when it comes to dealing out damage, they're both among the most lethal weapons you could have in a party. By contrast, when it comes to dealing out damage, Korgan, or Saverok (whom you forgot to mention) is limited to one kill at a time.

and I only have one cleric!

Meaning no disrespect, but you sure you've played the game before? I only ask that, because you forgot Saverok, you counted Haer'dalis as evil (he's neutral), and because if you're playing good, you only have one cleric, as well.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 08:14 PM   #5
Harry
The Magister

Location: The Land of naked fraulicing nymphs where your every desire comes true
i had Viconia in my good party. nothing too wrong there. but i don't see how you says evil people are sissies. viconia is a very nice cleric, korgan rocks, sarevok rules, edwin is nice since he has a ton of 6th level spells, and that's it..
Old 02-11-2002, 05:55 AM   #6
Nim'ohtar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Haer'Dalis~ Evil? =Ž

Bad evil rhyming poetry, blagh ^^