Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-30-2001, 02:35 PM   #1
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Okay I found this out a while ago but was to lazy to post it then, so anywho, After you talk to the dead preist and give him his slippers, kill his 2 "guradin golems" or something like that, force attack and they wont attack back! theres 2 of them and theyer worth like 50,000 XP each, preatty cool I think, also anyone know the summon monster code for the croamtic demon? easy fight and hes worht tons of xp. thx for listening.
Darth Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 02:51 PM   #2
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Nifty!!! I'll be sure to remember that!!!
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2001, 10:16 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

For the code, try looking through using Shadowkeeper.

http://www.mud-master.com/shadowkeeper/index.html

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 11:29 AM   #4
Debaser

I was doing the 1st level of Watcher's Keep yesterday, and i killed the golems for the XP. supposedly, if you have the two wardstones (two halves of the same wardstone with a pic of a golem on each) they won't attack you even if you attack them. the first golem didn't attack, and i annihilated it fairly quickly, but after the first one died the second one turned hostile even though i had both wardstones in my possession. so i'm not quite sure that they never turn hostile under any circumstance.
Debaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 02:12 PM   #5
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Really? huh dont know why. I didnt say theyed never attack, I just said they ddint attack me, I didnt test it to see if there was some reason they didnt attack tho, so it might be the ward stones or something.
Darth Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 02:20 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

From a role-playing point of view, you see two hulking masses of humanoid metal, and you want to destroy them. Common sense dictates that the chances of them going hostile if you attack them is very high, therefore... you will want to prepare first... ...

I am not sure if this is considered cheese, but what I do is place 2-3 Spike Traps around each Golem, along with 1-2 normal Traps. When a total of seven( the maximum that you can put) traps have been placed, I get somebody to poke one of the Golems with something. The Golems go hostile, the traps activate, the Golems die. Voila! Instant Xp boost.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of Aerie Loving Sacred Band!
-------------------------
Party Sorcerer Spell List, v1.03
Dragon Slaying Tips
For your daily dosage of insanity,
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 03:21 PM   #7
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
From a role-playing point of view, you see two hulking masses of humanoid metal, and you want to destroy them. Common sense dictates that the chances of them going hostile if you attack them is very high, therefore... you will want to prepare first... ...

I am not sure if this is considered cheese, but what I do is place 2-3 Spike Traps around each Golem, along with 1-2 normal Traps. When a total of seven( the maximum that you can put) traps have been placed, I get somebody to poke one of the Golems with something. The Golems go hostile, the traps activate, the Golems die. Voila! Instant Xp boost.

That is not cheesy or cheating, that is what I call, "Thief Tactics!". In my opinion that is exactly what a Thieves' Traps are for!

------------------

Do you understand?
Do you realise your potential?

Dan
Sorceror of the OHF
Regulator Admiral Shadow Master of the N.I.A.
Chief Admiral of the Space Exploration StarFleet

And Remember........
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 03:47 PM   #8
Mel
The Magister

If it's easy XP you're after then go to Saradush and find a nice place on the wall to stand (near that mage whose name I can't remember), when you get there, if you have AI turned on, then everyone will start to attack unseeable fire giants. Equip everyone with ranged weapons and you can leave them there as long as you like. It might not get you much XP but if you stay there for a while then...
This could be (and probably is) considered cheating.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 02:10 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
If it's easy XP you're after then go to Saradush and find a nice place on the wall to stand (near that mage whose name I can't remember), when you get there, if you have AI turned on, then everyone will start to attack unseeable fire giants. Equip everyone with ranged weapons and you can leave them there as long as you like. It might not get you much XP but if you stay there for a while then...
Hey, I use that tactic to level up everybody until they reach the maximum. I posted about this about a month ago.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 08:06 AM   #10
Billy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
Gota try it. But i must have lots of range ammo. if u instruckt (the scripts) a mage to attack targets whit spells can he do that from the wall then i can be a some fine firewors im playing a party whit 4 mages and 2 tanks

OT
iam just a little councerned for WK the mages doesent like that place in some rooms
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote