Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 11:48 AM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh joy...hurricane remenants aren't much fun, but at least they are remnants and not a full force hurricane! I feel so bad for everyone in the path or these storms when they're in full force!
Old 07-08-2005, 02:20 PM   #32
Kaltia
Jack Burton

... Woah. Looks like somebody really hates Monopoly.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #33
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
*Smooches Sir Goulum, just cuz she can* [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]
Wowee! Never been smooched online before!

Kaltia? Is it really you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:53 PM   #34
Kaltia
Jack Burton

... no. This is, in fact, my EVOL TWIN ZOMG

Edit: ... and my punctuation/smiley got eaten. WOE.

[ 07-08-2005, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:26 PM   #35
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Aha, I should have known. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Off to work in a few minutes! Wish me luck
Old 07-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #36
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Have fun Sir Goulum, bring me back some Sweet Tarts!

Well the remnants of hurricane Cindy went by pretty quickly, was sunny and calm by afternoon! At least I don't have to worry about watering my flowers now LOL (last time I did I got eaten by mosquitos more than usual - 20 bites!). So screw that, I'm wearing clothing, poison, or natural oil repellent next time, some kind of armor either way LOL. Gawd. Hate those bastaids!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:48 PM   #37
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm with you, LZ. One day, I'd like to be responsible for the extinction of the last mosquito on earth...

My son learned to ride his bike without training wheels last week. One session in the park parking lot at the end of the street, and he was ready to go! Start to finish... several hours. When that boy sets his mind to something, he's amazing

So last night we rode bikes to the grocery store for ice cream, and then stopped at the kids' school on the way back. They've got a part of the playground painted for a program called Safety Town (where they learn kindergarteners about basic safety things), and there are four "houses" with "streets" running around them -- picture a box divided in four equal sections.

So we went there so we could have fun and I could also educate the kids about things like driving on the right (which is the way we do it here, most of the time). They had a blast, with chasing games (I'm the bad guy, and they have to catch me), races (first one to do a figure-8 and return to their "house" wins), and more. I finally had to pull them away because it was getting late, and the *real* mosquitoes were going to be coming out soon.

Well, that and my son's right pedal kept falling off But that was secondary.

I should mention that between our neighborhood and the school is a walking path through a nature area. Lots of trees (and mosquitoes!), and the path goes down into a valley at a pretty good angle, and then comes back up.

Just the kind of thing you want to do if you're a kid who's been riding a bike for less than a week... take a twisting curving path at the fastest speed you can manage. And perhaps more. A lot more.

Side note: Yes, we all wear helmets. I don't want to be a good-looking corpse.

Remember that falling-off pedal thing? That happened the first time through the path for my son. Right down in the bottom of the valley, he stops. I hollered at him to go, then realized his bike was missing a minor piece [img]smile.gif[/img]

Remember those mosquitoes? They *loved* us as I tried to screw the pedal back on.

We made it back to the top with minimal bloodshed, and continued on.

Now, the impressive thing is that on the way back (with a fully tightened pedal), my son did not stop once along that entire path. Even though he was going faster than he ever had before under his own power, he kept on going... no freaking out, no worrying about trying not to crash, just smooth sailing like he's been doing this for years.

Sometimes I love that boy and the skills he's got...

Anyway, tonight they decided they wanted to go to the school again. *This* time, we were all smart and sprayed ourselves with bug spray. And he tooled off down the path again, full speed ahead. With no falling pedals; I tightened those earlier, and brought a pair of pliers, just in case.

Wow! This turned into a long post! Oh, well... just a proud dad sharing.

*Goes off to munch Mega M&Ms from the Endless Bowl...*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:01 PM   #38
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Have fun Sir Goulum, bring me back some Sweet Tarts!

Well the remnants of hurricane Cindy went by pretty quickly, was sunny and calm by afternoon! At least I don't have to worry about watering my flowers now LOL (last time I did I got eaten by mosquitos more than usual - 20 bites!). So screw that, I'm wearing clothing, poison, or natural oil repellent next time, some kind of armor either way LOL. Gawd. Hate those bastaids!
*Gives Sweet Tarts*

20 bites?! I thought I was doing bad at the driving range one day with 5 or 6 or so. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2005, 02:16 PM   #39
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
... Woah. Looks like somebody really hates Monopoly.
That wouldn't inclue me. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hi, Kat, WB?
Old 07-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #40
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL Bungleau @ the "real" mosquitos [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Glad though besides the skeeters and the pedal falling off yall had a good time and it sounds like he's got that bike down pat now! LOL watch out, he'll soon be rocketing down the road!

Yeah Sir Goulum, it was a record I think for me LOL. I normally don't get bit that much in that short of a time. Of course I was kind of asking for it in shorts with no shoes or socks, but hey I'm a hippy redneck sometimes and like to go about the yard feeling the ground on my feet and the wind on my legs! Heee! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote