Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 03:25 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

With a choice between levels 1-2 and 4-12, which level would you want seen expanded? Like a door to another huge dungeon that is part of that level.

I have a few in the works.. I just wanna see which you would like to see first. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:04 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Levels 1-2 for me I rarley go down to those levels so I would love to see some expansions on those levels.

[ 03-22-2005, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 03-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Hmm..I see your point TDC. However, just to play devil's advocate, as levels one and two are the first ones that new characters will play through perhaps they're big enough? If you made them much more massive, they might become daunting.

My personal opinion is that levels one and two should be small enough (ie. current size) to allow a new party to reach Skullport within a reasonable length of time. A bustling underground port provides such a nice break and hints at so much more being in the mod. If new characters spend hours crawling round level 1 it may change this experience a bit...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
Teri-sha Illistyn
Zhentarim Guard

I would have to toss my 2 cents into haveing an offshoot dungeon on either level 6 or 7. Z has redone level 8, Level 10 has an offshoot, 11 has a few smaller places to explore, as does 12 and 13.

So my vote goes for level 6 and/or level 7. Level 6 while twisting and chaotic, I almost never explore it. Level 7 is pretty direct, there arnt any side passages. Both are good canidates. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2005, 12:03 PM   #5
roddybug
Manshoon

Good call Shamrock, I was leaning towards level 1-2 expansions but was somewhat worried if the extra bits might be a bit too tough for starting players. I love the redone level 8 but it is pretty tough for players coming from level 7 giddy with experience points. "Mind that Malar beast", "What Malar beast?", *splat* And as for Muriel's Guantlet, well that is just painful. When is that being finished btw?

So I'm voting for level 4-12 expansions. I'd particularly like more Xanther related plotlines and areas, what are those guys up to?
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:10 PM   #6
Axilian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

lvls 6 and 7 - expand the xanth's there - level 9 it's empty as it is (if it's desolate more shades wraiths etc and that sort of thing as a memory of what it might have been) - and please can we have somewhere where casters and rogues can actually have an edge -as atm they's hardly anything to give a fighter build problems but sneak character are screwed by the amount of true seeing monsters /immune sneak or spell resistant monsters in the case of casters.
Axilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Thats an idea. How about designing some levels where a fighter will have a tough time but rogues and characters with a high spot and sneak skill can sneak their way through the level.

You can make the monsters immune to crit's so the rogues have to find a path around the monsters via secret passageways or just by sneaking past.

You could have the rogue sneak ahead past all the monsters to activate a level that will open a secret passageway for the fighters to go through or they can try their hand at slaughtering the monsters.

Same for mages. Make a level where monsters are weak to magic damage but strong against weapon damage.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:30 PM   #8
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would love for 1 & 2 to be expanded, maybe so that a new player or group will be able to get experience and level up. I like the Idea of "specialty" areas, for mages, or rogues etc.

I am also a HUGE fan of the desert area, I would like to see that made bigger, maybe some more quests?

You Can Not Hide
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:04 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

The desert level already has 3 quests, and many secret areas. its one of my fav areas because of it.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:07 PM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

In spite of the very legitimate posts against it, I wouldn't mind seeing one and two expanded some, and while Skullport is huge, laggy and full of stuff to do, there are only two parts, which hints that there should be more.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote